The Seagate® Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD (formerly Constellation® ES) delivers the scalability that data centres need to reliably meet their demanding growth of unstructured data.
- Up to 4TB per drive for maximum density server and storage solutions
- Perfect for reliable, 24×7 bulk data storage
- Predictable 7200-RPM performance in SAS or SATA environments
- Energy efficient with low power and cooling requirements
- SED and SED FIPS options to protect data and ease disposal costs
Supersize Your Data Centre Storage
The Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD is the perfect foundation for building maximum density server and storage solutions. These 4TB 3.5-inch capacity-optimised hard drives support the highest density storage per square foot for a great return-on-investment.
Reliable, Robust Bulk Data Storage for a 24x7 World
Building high capacity RAID storage in multi-drive chassis requires predictable and consistent performance. The Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD provides enhanced error correction, super-parity and end-to-end SAS-based data integrity for accurate data storage each and every time. With its robust 7200-RPM performance, multi-drive firmware, ramp load technology and a humidity sensor it’s the perfect solution for maximising your enterprise system consistency and reliability in even the harshest environments.
24×7 Energy Efficient Data Storage
Storing massive amounts of unstructured data is easy and energy efficient with the Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD. It uses a minimum power (less than 11.86W on average) and cooling envelope to store up maximum capacity bulk data in the smallest footprint. Purpose-built for enterprise environments, Seagate PowerChoice™ technology enables the T10-compliant power management standard, allowing organisations to tailor systems for optimal energy usage resulting in up to 90% more power savings.
Protect Data with SED Options
Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD protects data where it lives—on the drive. Choose from Self-Encrypting Drive and SED FIPS 140-2 options* from the ES.3, ES.2 and ES drive generations. Also included is Seagate Instant Secure Erase technology for easy and cost effective drive disposal:
*SED FIPS 140-2 Validated drives are not available in all models or countries, see Seagate Encrypting Drives Import/Export Compliance. May require TCG-compliant host or controller support. FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Certificate at http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/validation.html#05.
What’s In the Hard Drive?
- Highest reliability with an MTBF of 1.4M hours
- Super-parity and humidity sensors keep the drive operating – even in the harshest environments
- 6Gb/s performance in both SAS and SATA interfaces
- Seagate Instant Secure Erase for secure, easy and cost-effective drive disposal
- Seagate RAID Rebuild speeds up RAID recovery times significantly
- Up to 4TB
Seagate Picks Up Five 2013 Leader Awards for Enterprise HDDs
Seagate was selected by IT professionals as the 2013 Market Leader for Enterprise Hard Disk Drives (HDD). Get the full report to see the survey data behind the voting for Market, Performance, Reliability, Price, Service & Support and Innovation Leaders.