Perfect Balance of High Capacity and High Performance
The Seagate® Enterprise Performance 10K HDD delivers mission critical performance with TurboBoostTM, high capacities and the low power that data centres need. Helping reduce IT operating costs, the latest enterprise drives enable OEMs, system builders and IT pros to:
- Improve data centre storage efficiency
- Complete more transactions in less time by accelerating I/O operations with TurboBoostTM enhanced cache option
- Reduce latencies for significantly faster, predictable response times even during peak demand
- Use intelligent NAND management with Turboboost for enterprise-grade endurance
- Efficiently future-proof with 12Gb/s SAS and Advanced Format options
- Protect data with Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) models
2.5-Inch HDDs Improve Data Centre Storage Efficiency
Make the transition from standard 3.5-inch form factor drives with limited capacities and slower performance to the larger, faster and best-in-class Enterprise Performance 10K HDD. With up to 2× the capacity and a 70% smaller footprint, data centres can store and access data faster than ever, enabling them to keep pace with data growth while optimising scarce IT real estate.
- Deliver up to 150% faster IOPS with the TurboBoostTM enhanced cache option than the previous generation
- Store over 100% more data in half the rack space than even the highest-capacity 3.5-inch, 15K HDDs
- Lower power consumption reduces energy and cooling costs
Raid Rebuild Technology Improves Storage Efficiency
Enterprise Performance 10K HDD advanced media management technology improves drive reliability and data integrity. This eighth generation hard drive lets you rest easier knowing your storage devices will perform as expected. This enterprise hard drive features the Seagate® RAID Rebuild™ technology, making RAID recovery faster and safer.
Protect Data with Seagate Secure Technology.
Seagate Enterprise Performance 10K drives are offered in a self-encrypting drive option and can be used as normal drives or as part of a more secure solution at no extra cost.
- Seagate Secure drive options along with the built-in SAS Protection Information1 feature enable companies to protect valuable data, comply with regulatory mandates, and reduce risk to brands and reputations.
- Seagate Instant Secure Erase feature included on all SED and SED FIPS2 drives reduces the time required to overwrite a drive from hours to less than a minute, making drive retirement safe, fast and easy.
1Protection Information (PI) feature requires PI-compliant host or controller support.
2FIPS 140-2 Level 2. May require TCG-compliant host or controller support. TM: A Certification Mark of NIST, which does not imply product endorsement by NIST, nor by the US or Canadian governments.
IT Pros Rate Seagate Enterprise HDDs as Best-In-Class for a 2nd Consecutive Year
Seagate was selected by IT professionals as the 2013 and 2014 Market Leader for Enterprise HDDs. Get the full report to see the survey data behind the voting for Market, Performance, Reliability, Price, Service & Support and Innovation Leaders.