Improve Server Response Times. Double Storage Capacity.
Seagate® Enterprise Performance 15K HDDs leverage a small 2.5-inch form factor to deliver significant performance advantages and power savings over legacy 3.5-inch mission critical drives.
- Faster transaction processing facilitates faster time-to-revenue
- Double the data storage capacity (up to 600GB) over previous generation
- Improved reliability and scalability with 12Gb/s SAS
- Seagate Secure drives with Instant Secure Erase and FIPS options1,2
1 Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) and FIPS SEDs are not available in all models or countries. May require TCG-compliant host or controller support.
2 FIPS in review. See FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Certificate at http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/documents/140-1/1401vend.htm
OLTP Performance Advantages
Seagate Enterprise Performance 15K HDDs enable faster transaction processing by improving sequential performance over the previous generation and delivering faster random write performance vs. legacy 3.5-inch 15K drives.1
- Up to 18% increase in sequential data rate and up to 29% faster random write performance when compared to previous generation2
- Improved scalability with 12Gb/s SAS interface
- Industry's fastest random read performance3
1480 vs. 160 IOPS (4K Q=16) Actual improvement varies depending on queue depth and transfer size.
2Compared to previous generation Enterprise Performance 15K.3 HDD
3340 IOPS at 4K Q16. Actual improvement varies depending on queue depth and transfer size.
Data Security Options with Seagate Secure Technology
Enterprise Performance 15K hard drives combine unsurpassed reliability and data protection with industry-leading security features like:
- Seagate Instant Secure Erase for easy drive retirement eliminates the need to physically destroy hard drives
- Secure data-at-rest helps comply with corporate and federal data security mandates
- FIPS SED options help secure Sensitive but Unclassified and Protected class data1
- Protection Information (PI)2 technology to help protect data integrity
1 Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) and FIPS validated drives are not available in all models or countries. may require TCG-compliant host or controller support. TM: A Certification Mark of NIST, which does not imply product endorsement by NIST, nor by the US or Canadian governments. FIPS in review.
2Protection Information (PI) requires PI compliant host or controller support.
Storage Reliability and Data Security You Can Trust
Enterprise Performance 15K HDDs offer field-proven reliability essential in enterprise environments. These drives also help protect data with features such as:
- SED models1 that help secure data against unauthorised access upon drive loss, theft and provide Instant Secure Erase for easy drive retirement
- Protection Information (PI)3 technology to help protect data integrity
Reduces Data Storage System Complexity and Operating Costs
Enterprise Performance 15K HDD reduces IT complexity and lowers operating expenses for improved TCO.
- Using fewer components that can break or cause interoperability issues
- Helping reduce design, qualification and support costs
- 2.5 inch small form factor (SFF) helps reduce power consumption up to 70% compared to 3.5 inch drives
- PowerChoice™ dynamically maximises energy efficiency – reducing power and helping to reduce cooling costs
- Self-Encrypting Drive options help reduce drive retirement costs
12Gb/s SAS Enterprise Hard Drives Are Perfect For:
- Building high-performance servers and storage arrays that manage warm and hot data
- Creating blade, rack or tower servers to host transaction-based applications
- Delivering solutions for power- and space-constrained data centres
- Upgrading systems for increased data security and easy drive retirement
- Transitioning from legacy 3.5-inch systems to more efficient 2.5-inch solutions
- Improving TCO by minimising system complexity and reducing operating costs
What's in the box?
- Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) models1 with Seagate
Instant Secure Erase technology to help cut IT drive retirement costs and time while helping to securely protect data where it lives - on the drive
- Up to 27% increase in sequential data read/write performance over prior generation
- Up to 2.7 times faster random write performance than the prior generation and up to 3 times faster than legacy 3.5-inch 15K hard drives 2
- Improved scalability and reliability with 6Gb/s SAS interface support
- Up to 600GB capacity for mission-critical nearline data
- Protection Information (PI) to help ensure that data is not changed after creation by the user — from the moment the data is created throughout the life of the data3
IT Pros Rate Seagate Enterprise HDDs as Best-In-Class for a 2nd Consecutive Year
Seagate was selected by IT professionals as the 2013 and 2014 Market Leader for Enterprise HDDs. Get the full report to see the survey data behind the voting for Market, Performance, Reliability, Price, Service & Support and Innovation Leaders.