Enterprise-Class, MLC-Enabled SSDs
The Seagate Pulsar® solid state drive delivers the price-performance benefits plus the data integrity and drive endurance demanded by read-intensive enterprise applications. Pulsar.2™ SSD drive offers:
- Enterprise-class drive endurance, up to 10 full drive writes per day
- Protection against unintended data loss or change
- Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) with FIPS option*
- 3-year limited warranty
*Not available in all countries. TCG-compliant host or controller support required.
Reduce Costs and Simplify Data Centre Management
Seagate 6Gb/s SAS SSDs provide OEMs, system builders and data centre managers with easy integration and and interface scalability while minimising downtime and increasing price-performance.
- Supports 6Gb/s SAS and SATA 6Gb/s for interface scalability and reliability — avoiding incompatibility across the software stack
- Provides a common storage foundation to reduce system complexity and operating costs. Learn more >
- Hot-pluggable to avoid unnecessary downtime
- 2.5 inch form factor fits existing HDD slots
Delivers Endurance Protects Data Integrity.
Pulsar.2 solid state drives deliver enterprise-class endurance and data integrity with features like:
- Advanced media management technology and Protection Information (PI is SAS only) to help guard against unexpected data loss or change
- Background media scanning helps protect against read disturb errors
- Power loss data protection to help ensure data integrity during unexpected power loss
- Wear-levelling algorithms that maximise the life of the device
- Automatic intelligent I/O error detection and correction
- Garbage collection techniques identify the next best block on the NAND flash to erase and rewrite before the space is actually needed
- Routinely completing over ten full drive writes per day (or 15 petabytes over the life of the device)
Seagate World Class Service and Support
Pulsar SSDs leverage over 30 years of Seagate leadership in designing, building and supporting the highest-quality enterprise storage devices and a portfolio of solid state and flash products.
Seagate offers unparalleled expertise in:
- Firmware development and optimisation
- Customer integration
- Supply chain efficiency
- System design and interface development
In addition, Seagate is actively leading the development of SSD and SSS industry standards through JEDEC and the Storage Network Industry Association (SNIA).
Drive Endurance and Data Integrity
In addition to fast data storage and access, Pulsar.2 solid state drives deliver the data integrity and drive endurance needed in demanding enterprise environments.
The Pulsar.2 SSD can routinely complete more than ten full drive writes per day (or 15 petabytes over the life of the device). Moreover, these drives detect and correct automatically a multitude of data errors that can occur during normal drive operation.
Easy integration and scalability
Data centre managers must provide faster data storage and access, all while managing complex system environments and juggling tight IT budgets.
Pulsar.2 solid state drives deliver a simple cost-saving solution. These drives provide OEMs, system builders and data centre managers with easy integration and interface scalability while minimising downtime.
Save with the Pulsar SSD
First generation Pulsar solid state drives exploit single level cell (SLC) flash technology to deliver the speed and reliability demanded by I/O-intensive enterprise environments.
These drives are available with a SATA 3Gb/s interface in capacities up to 200 GB, and they carry a 5-year limited warranty.
- Create Tier 0 external storage arrays
- Build auto-tiering solutions for enterprise architectures
- Support server virtualisation, online transaction processing (OTP), content delivery networks (CDN) and cloud computing
- Simplify drive-life extension and retirement strategies with an SED (800GB, SAS only)*
What's in the box?
- Performance benefits of a solid state drive
- Enterprise-class drive endurance and data integrity
- World-Class Service and Support
- 3-year limited warranty