Eliminate the Complexity and Cost of Separate SSD + HDD
SSHDs are now available for your desktop computer. Get the speed and kick of an integrated solid state drive (SSD) with the massive capacity of a desktop hard drive – all at a surprisingly low price!
- Up to 4TB of massive storage capacity
- Performs 4× faster than 7200 RPM desktop HDDs*
- Improves overall responsiveness by 20% or more.
Watch Video >
- Pays for itself by saving time and improving productivity
*As measured by PC Mark Vantage storage benchmarking software.
Solid State Drive Technology Inside Your SSHD
SSHD technology uses the right amount of ultra-fast NAND flash (the same type used in SSDs) to increase system performance. Seagate Adaptive Memory™ technology effectively identifies the most frequently-used data and stores it in the NAND flash. The results give you greatly improved boot times, application loads and overall system responsiveness.
- Eliminates the firmware complexity of SSD + HDD
- Innovative integration improves system reliability and data integrity
- No special software required; installs and works just like a typical hard drive
All the Desktop Capacity You Need
With SSHD technology, there is no need to trade capacity for high performance. The Seagate Desktop SSHD is available in 1TB, 2TB and 4TB capacities, giving you plenty of space for all of your digital video, HD DVDs, photos, video games, and mp3 music files.
Affordable and reliable SSHD for your desktop
SSHDs fuse the strength of SSD and HDD into one affordable and powerful device. You’ll be surprised at how little you have to pay to get SSD-like performance in your desktop system.
And since SSD fuses the strengths of both HDD and SSD technologies, you get the combined reliability of both in a solid state hybrid drive product.
Easy, Low-Cost HDD Desktop Upgrade
SSHD provides a great way to breath new life into an older laptop computer.
- SSHD provides a great way to breath new life into an older laptop computer
- Get performance you never thought possible, at a fraction of the cost of SSD
- Cost-effective way to add capacity while improving productivity and satisfaction
- Easy DIY upgrade solutions available. Watch the video >
- Backed by a 3-year limited warranty
Seagate Adaptive Memory™ technology
Seagate Adaptive Memory™ technology effectively identifies the most frequently-used data in your computer. This data is stored in the ultra-fast NAND flash memory, which results in blazing fast boot times and a super-responsive experience where you wait less and do more. This technology is constantly working and adapting to the way you work and access information.
Solid state hybrid drive (SSHD.
A typical HDD depends on moving parts and spinning media. An SSD does not have moving parts, but it is limited by how many times data can be written to it. So, separately, each technology can have a downside. Together, they complement each other nicely. An SSHD reads primarily from SSD memory, placing less wear and tear on the HDD. Writing is achieved primarily on the HDD, helping to reduce the write-cycle wear issue.
SSHDs are PC & Mac Compatible
Your Seagate Desktop SSHD is designed to work in any standard desktop system. Unlike other “hyrbrid” solutions, there are no special drivers or software to install and configure. It installs and works just like a hard drive – only faster!
- Upgrade an ageing system with renewed performance and capacity
- Get SSD-like speed on a HDD budget
- Build performance-based desktop or workstation PCs that will stand out from the competition