12Gb/s SAS Drives Improve Server Response Times, Double Storage Capacity.
Seagate® Enterprise Performance 15K HDDs leverage a small 2.5-inch form factor to deliver significant performance advantages and power savings over legacy 3.5-inch mission critical drives.
- Faster transaction processing to help facilitate faster time-to-revenue
- Double the data storage capacity (up to 600GB) over previous generation
- Improved reliability with humidity sensor and an AFR of 0.44%
- Seagate Secure Drives with Instant Secure Erase for easy disposal and FIPS SED security options1, 2
- Accelerated reads and protected writes for improved drive performance with TurboBoost™ enhanced cache models
- Improved scalability with the latest 12Gb/s SAS interface
1 Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) and FIPS SEDs are not available in all models or countries. May require TCG-compliant host or controller support.
2 FIPS in review. See FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Certificate at http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/documents/140-1/1401vend.htm
Maximum Performance Advantages
Seagate Enterprise Performance 15K HDDs enable faster transaction processing by improving sequential performance over the previous generation and delivering faster random write performance vs. legacy 3.5-inch 15K drives.1
And kick performance into high gear with TurboBoost enhanced cache models.
- Up to 18% increase in sequential data rate and up to 29% faster random write performance 2
- Up to 600GB of storage capacity
- Improved scalability with 12Gb/s SAS interface
- Accelerate hot data in mixed workloads up to 3× faster with TurboBoost enhanced cache models
1480 vs. 160 IOPS (4K Q=16). Actual improvement varies depending on queue depth and transfer size.
2Compared to previous generation.
12Gb/s SAS Enterprise HDDs Are Perfect for:
- Building high-performance servers that host warm and hot data in the most demanding application environments
- Creating blade, rack or tower servers to host transaction-based applications
- Delivering solutions for power- and space-constrained data centres
- Upgrading systems for increased data security and easy drive retirement
- Transitioning from legacy 3.5-inch systems to more efficient 2.5-inch solutions
- Improving TCO by minimising system complexity and reducing operating costs
Data Security Options with Seagate Secure Technology
Enterprise Performance 15K hard drives combine unsurpassed reliability and data protection with industry-leading security features like:
- Seagate Instant Secure Erase for easy drive retirement eliminates the need to physically destroy hard drives
- Secure data-at-rest helps comply with corporate and federal data security mandates
- FIPS SED options help secure Sensitive but Unclassified and Protected class data1
- When unexpected power loss occurs, protect data from corruption with TurboBoost enhanced cache models
- Protection Information (PI)2 technology to help protect data integrity
1 Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) and FIPS-validated drives are not available in all models or countries. may require TCG-compliant host or controller support. TM: A Certification Mark of NIST, which does not imply product endorsement by NIST, nor by the US or Canadian governments. FIPS in review.
2Protection Information (PI) requires PI compliant host or controller support.
Reduces Data Storage System IT Complexity and Costs
- Uses fewer components that can break or cause interoperability issues
- Helps reduce design, qualification and support costs
- 2.5-inch SFF helps reduce power consumption up to 70% compared to 3.5-inch drives
- PowerChoice™ dynamically maximises energy efficiency – reducing power and helping to reduce cooling costs
- Self-Encrypting Drive1 options help reduce drive retirement costs
Seagate Picks Up Five 2013 Leader Awards for Enterprise HDDs – IT PROs rate Seagate Enterprise drives as Best-In-Class for a 2nd consecutive year
Seagate was selected by IT professionals as the 2013 & 2014 Market Leader for Enterprise Hard Disk Drives. Get the full report to see the survey data behind the voting for market, performance, reliability, price, service and support and innovation leaders.
Storage Reliability and Data Security You Can Trust
Enterprise Performance 15K HDDs offer field-proven reliability essential in enterprise environments. These drives also help protect data with features such as:
- SED models1 that help secure data against unauthorised access upon drive loss, theft and provide Instant Secure Erase for easy drive retirement
- Protection Information (PI)3 technology to help protect data integrity