Unless covered under other contractual agreements, the following applies to all consumer customer returns:
- You must pay postage costs for all shipments from you to Seagate.
- Send your product to Seagate using the carrier of your choice. Please use a method with ability to trace shipment. Seagate is not responsible for shipments for which the carrier cannot provide proof of delivery.
- If your product is under warranty, Seagate will pay for postage of repaired/replacement products from Seagate to you. You must pay all applicable duties and customs charges for shipments to and from Seagate.
- Seagate is not responsible for loss or damage during transit. We suggest that you purchase insurance to cover your shipment.
- NO PAY-ON-DELIVERY SHIPMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED without prior authorisation from Seagate. Shipments arriving at Seagate with charges due are subject to being returned (unrepaired) with all charges, including return expenses, due and payable by the originator.
- You are responsible for saving or backing up data contained in any product returned to Seagate. SEAGATE WILL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR SUCH DATA AND WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF ANY DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF SUCH DATA WHILE THE PRODUCT IS IN SEAGATE'S POSSESSION.
Replacement Product Notice
- Your original product will NOT be returned to you.
- Replacement products are factory-repaired units.
- Replacements carry the greater of: original warranty balance or 90 days.
- Delivery is during normal business hours to the address you provided.
- All data and software on your returned product(s) will be lost.
- Replacement products arrive low-level formatted.
- Any required data recovery service must be completed BEFORE requesting an RMA from Seagate.
THE SEAGATE RMA (RETURN MATERIAL AUTHORISATION) NUMBER ISSUED IS VALID ONLY FOR THE RETURN OF A NON-CONFORMING SEAGATE PRODUCT UNDER WARRANTY. You agree not to submit any products except in conjunction with a justified warranty claim. For example, you shall not send us through this RMA process any counterfeit products, products that we previously lost through theft or otherwise, products for which warranty coverage has expired or never existed (this is usually evidenced by removed, damaged or tampered labels), products that only have defects not covered by warranty (for example, most of our warranty statements do not cover problems caused by accident, abuse, neglect, shock, electrostatic discharge, heat or humidity, improper installation, operation, maintenance or modification, by other equipment or lost passwords, or by any other misuse contrary to the instructions in the user manual). Products that are determined to be No Trouble Found (NTF) are not eligible for warranty service. Before returning your product, you may use the Seagate SeaTools diagnostic tool to determine the condition of your product and whether it is eligible to be returned under warranty. Seagate reserves the right to return NTF products to their owner and may charge for associated postage costs. If you send us, through this RMA process, any products that are not covered by justified warranty claims, we may retain these products. Seagate reserves its right to exercise all its legal rights in connection with fraudulent returns.
Updated: 9 August 2011NEXT STEP ›