- Fast 10TB nearline hard drive in a robust sealed-drive architecture
- At 550TB/yr, it’s 10× the workload rating of desktop drives
- Proven technology backed by the industry’s best MTBF at 2.5M hours
- Incredible rackspace efficiency
10PB of Data in a single 42U Rack
- Up to 12TB per drive(1) for up to 50% more petabytes per rack(2)
- Robust, forged helium sealed-drive technology with drop-in PMR compatibility for easy system integration
- Industry's lowest power and weight for optimum data center TCO
- Field-proven, eleventh-generation technology featuring power, performance and reliability enhancements
- Delivering high performance and high capacity for both SATA and SAS environments
- Data-at-rest is protected with Seagate Secure® technology
- Have confidence in data delivery with a drive that helps to ensure consistent 24✕7 performance
- Backed by a 2.5M-hour MTBF and a 5-year limited warranty
1. Seagate recommends validating your configuration with your HBA/RAID controller manufacturer to help ensure full capacity capabilities.
2. Compared to 8TB product in a 42U rack.
Better random write performance (over 8TB competitive air-based HDDs)
Built for Speed—Exactly Where It Is Needed
Among the industry’s best response times for a 12TB nearline drive, the Seagate® Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD (Helium) helps to enable some of the fastest data transfers possible.
Meet your storage workload requirements with an efficient data center footprint. Innovative technology advancements like PowerBalance™, PowerChoice™ and RAID Rebuild™, allow you to have the control to customize your bulk storage requirements for even greater TCO improvements.
Incredibly High Capacity Paired with World-Class Reliability
When building maximum density server and storage solutions with Seagate’s Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD (Helium), you can rest easy knowing that your storage infrastructure can scale to meet your growing capacity needs while offering consistent and predictable response rates.
Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD (Helium) supports enterprise-class nearline workloads of 550TB/yr and is backed by a 2.5M-hour MTBF and 5-year limited warranty, helping to meet all of your bulk storage SLAs.
More petabytes per rack
lighter per drive
(2% less weight than competitive HDD in a 10PB 42U Rack)
MTBF(mean time between failures)
(10x that of desktop drives)
What’s in the Hard Drive?
- Fast 12TB and 10TB nearline hard drives in a robust sealed-drive architecture
- 550TB/yr—10× the workload rating of desktop drives
- Proven technology backed by highest field reliability ratings and the industry’s best MTBF at 2.5M hours
- Choose 6Gb/s SATA or 12Gb/s SAS interface for drop-in system integration
- Excellent IOPS/TB storage for unstructured data
- Up to 21% improvement in IOPS/watt over similar 12TB HDDs on the market
- 0.5 watts less power than other drives—approximately a 6% savings for a 10PB solution
- 10 grams lighter per drive—approximately a 2% weight reduction in a 10PB rack-based solution
IT Pros Rate Seagate Enterprise HDDs as Best-In-Class for a 5th Consecutive Year
Seagate was again selected by IT professionals as the 2017 Market Leader for Enterprise HDDs. Get the full report to see the survey data behind the voting for Market, Performance, Reliability, Price, Service & Support and Innovation Leaders.