Confidently store up to 8TB of data without sacrificing performance.
- Quickly access and store data with blazingly fast random performance – over 100% faster than last generation HDD
- Enjoy peace of mind with field-proven ninth-generation technology for reliable access to unstructured data -- in the same 3.5-inch footprint!
- Have confidence with a drive that ensures 24x7 consistent performance –every transaction, every day
- Efficiently delivers easy integration into replicated and RAID bulk storage systems with 12Gb/s SAS and SATA 6Gb/s interface options
Maximum Capacity and Built for Speed
Supporting the industry’s best response times for an 8TB nearline drive, Seagate’s Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD enables the fastest data transfers thanks to our comprehensive advanced caching technology.
Meet your storage workload requirements in the most efficient and cost-effective data center footprint available on the market today. With user-definable innovative technology advancements like PowerBalance™, PowerChoice™ and RAID Rebuild™, you have the control to tailor your bulk storage requirements for even greater improvements in lowering your total cost of ownership.
World-Class Reliability Meets High-Capacity
When building maximum density server and storage solutions with Seagate’s 8TB Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD, you can rest easy knowing that your storage infrastructure can scale to meet your growing capacity needs while offering your users a consistent and predictable response rate. Built to support enterprise-class nearline workloads of 550TB per year and backed by a 2M hour MTBF and 5-year limited warranty, the Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD ensures you can meet all of your bulk storage SLAs.
Reliable, Robust Bulk Data Storage for a 24×7 World
High capacity storage for multi-drive chassis requires predictable and reliable performance. The Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD is built to support enterprise-class nearline workloads of up 550TB per year, which is up to 10× the rated workload of desktop HDDs. Clearly, the Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD can help to ensure that you meet your rigorous bulk storage SLAs. Choose from 12Gb/s SAS or SATA 6Gb/s interfaces for easy integration into existing platforms.
Protect Data with SED Options
Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD protects data where it lives—on the drive. Choose from government-grade SED FIPS 140-2 option1 or SED models with Seagate Instant Secure Erase2 technology for easy and cost effective drive disposal.
1SED FIPS 140-2 Validated drives are not available in all models or countries, see Seagate Encrypting Drives Import/Export Compliance. May require TCG-compliant host or controller support. FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Certificate at http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/validation.html#05.
2ISO/IEC 27040 (Information technology—Security techniques—Storage security) and NIST 800-88 (Guidelines for Media Sanitization)
What’s In the Hard Drive?
- Super fast 8TB nearline hard drives utilizing Seagate’s latest advanced caching technology
- At 550TB/Year, it’s 10× the workload rating of desktop drives
- Proven conventional PMR technology backed by highest field reliability ratings and an MTBF of 2M hours
- 12Gb/s SAS and SATA 6Gb/s interfaces for easy integration
- Excellent IOPS/TB storage for unstructured data
- 33% increase in areal density (over last generation 6TB HDD)
- PowerBalance™ user-definable feature for those requiring lower power consumption with balanced performance
- Seagate Instant Secure Erase feature on SED drives for secure, easy and cost-effective drive disposal
Enterprise HDD Reviews
Supermicro’s wide array of SuperServer and SuperStorage solutions deliver unrivaled performance, efficiency, density and reliability for enterprise, data center, cloud and HPC environments. With Seagate's new portfolio of 8TB 3.5” Enterprise, we can cost-effectively address expanding web scale storage requirements with the most advanced Green Computing platforms on the market.”
Don Clegg, VP of Marketing & Business Development, Supermicro
The Seagate v4 has RAID Rebuild functionality built-in. RAID Rebuild, part of the SAS standard, allows communication between the drive and a RAID controller to perform targeted rebuilds. These surgical rebuilds can remove the requirement for rebuilding an entire array."
Paul Alcorn, TweakTown
Seagate claims they achieved those performance gains in part by leveraging the latest SAS interface and by the company’s own efforts to optimize the performance of existing HDD technology. In contrast, rival manufacturers are introducing slower HDDs that make use of helium to increase capacity in a way that winds up driving up the cost per terabyte paid by customers.”
Mike Vizard, ITBusinessEdge
…Seagate boasts of a 25% areal density, rounding out the impressive performance stats. For a nearline enterprise solution, it may not get better than this.”
Nate Swanner, SlashGear
IT PROs Rate Seagate Enterprise HDDs as Best-In-Class for Four Consecutive Years
Seagate was again selected by IT professionals as the 2016 Market Leader for Enterprise HDDs. Get the full report to see the survey data behind the voting for Market, Performance, Reliability, Price, Service & Support and Innovation Leaders. Learn More