Thank you for purchasing a new hard drive from Seagate. You are only minutes away from unlocking all the capacity of your new hard drive. Please download the new DiscWizard™ software to configure your drive to best meet your needs.
Getting the most out of your over-2TB hard drive
Using a hard drive larger than 2.1TB on Windows-based computer systems may require special setup considerations:
|Operating System||BIOS||Boot Disc||Data Disc|
|UEFI BIOS*||Supported by Windows 64-bit only||Supported by Windows|
|PC BIOS||Use DiscWizard Software||Supported by Windows|
|Windows XP||PC BIOS||Use DiscWizard Software||Use DiscWizard Software|
|* Universal Extensible Firmware Interface|
Beyond 2TB Support Links
- If your system uses the Intel RST driver, your 3TB disc drive may appear to be 800GB. See our support article about the Intel RST driver.
- System memory requirement is 1GB and higher for 32-bit systems and 2GB and higher for 64-bit systems.
- Seagate DiscWizard software installs a device driver to achieve full capacity on Legacy BIOS systems.
- Windows systems with legacy BIOS using DiscWizard will need two partitions on the boot drive to achieve full capacity.
- Windows 7 and Windows Vista native support for 3TB non-bootable data drives is with GPT partitions, available on all systems.
- Windows 7 and Windows Vista native support for bootable 3TB drives is on UEFI BIOS systems and uses GPT partitions only.