Your data is the heart of your organisation. It needs to be kept safe — all the time — from the instant you save it to your drive. Seagate Secure™ self-encrypting hard drives keep your data safe even if your drives are lost, stolen or misplaced.1
- Seagate Instant Secure Erase renders all data on the hard drive unreadable in less than a second via a cryptographic erase of the data encryption key. So you can return, reuse or dispose of the drive securely.
- Auto-Lock automatically locks the drive and secures its data the instant a drive is removed from a system, or the moment the drive or system is turned off.1
- FIPS 140-2 Validated™ Self-Encrypting Drives are certified by the US and Canadian governments to protect data classed as Sensitive but Unclassified and Protected.1,2
Seagate Self-Encrypting Drives protect data at rest and reduce IT drive retirement costs. Seagate FIPS SEDs do all that, and they help you to achieve FIPS compliance and thus gain competitive advantage and protect your brand equity. Be Seagate Secure™ — strong enough for national security, yet easy enough for the one-man IT department.
Choose the family of Seagate Secure™ Self-Encrypting Drives that is right for you
1. SED, FIPS/SED and auto-lock options are not available for all models or countries. Some models may require TCG-compliant host or controller support. Auto-lock option and FIPS SED models require TCG-compliant host or controller support. TM: The FIPS logo is a certification mark of NIST, which does not imply product endorsement by NIST, nor by the US or Canadian governments.
2. Encryption/FIPS — FIPS 140-2 Validated Self-Encrypting Drives (SEDs) have been certified by the US National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the Canadian Communications Security Establishment (CSE) as meeting the Level 2 security requirements for cryptographic modules, as defined in the US Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 140-2 Publication. FIPS Encryption models are not available for all models or countries.