The Art of High Performance Scale-Out Storage
The ClusterStorTM family architecture is built on 25 years of Seagate (formerly Xyratex) enterprise-class storage design and Lustre®, an open source high performance parallel file system typically used for scale-out computing.Combining superior performance with ultra-efficient scalability, the ClusterStor family includes ClusterStor 9000, ClusterStor 6000, ClusterStor 1500, ClusterStor Secure Data Appliance and Hadoop Workflow Accelerator ClusterStor’s architecture:
- Tightly integrates Lustre1 into a performance and capacity optimized solution perfect for HPC, big data and analytics
- Removes complexities associated with deploying and maintaining traditional Lustre environments using off the shelf components from multiple vendors
- Enables integrated storage solutions that provide the high productivity computing with the industry's highest levels of efficiency, reliability, availability and serviceability
- Supported by ClusterStor Professional Services
1The name Lustre is a combination of the words Linux and cluster.
Hadoop Workflow Accelerator: Superior Hadoop Performance
Providing seamless compatibility with Hadoop environments, the Hadoop Workflow Accelerator streamlines and accelerates Hadoop application efficiency and results, as well as significantly enhances flexibility and productivity of analytics workload processing and big data centralized repository management.
When using Seagate’s Hadoop Workflow Accelerator in conjunction with the ClusterStor family of storage solutions, you gain an effective tool for efficiently managing very large data sets and lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for your Hadoop environment.
Hadoop Workflow Accelerator:
- Enables Hadoop environments to scale compute and data storage independently
- Supports centralized data repositories over 90 PBs storage capacity
- Increases flexibility to dynamically adjust analysis resources
Secure Data Appliance: Scale-Out Parallel File System
ClusterStor Secure Data Appliance (SDA) is the world’s first secure, scale-out, parallel file system specifically designed to meet the needs of Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503 and Cross Domain Solution (CDS) requirements at a massive scale.
Increases data security at massive scale
- Reduces external and insider threats, while driving down deployment complexity and expense
- Achieves faster ROI and rapid mission effectiveness
ClusterStor 9000: Fastest Time to Results—At Any Scale
Delivering superior converged scale-out storage quality and performance efficiency, the ClusterStor 9000 solution helps HPC and Big Data customers reliably plan, deploy and sustain maximum optimal application performance. Customers benefit from:
- Now supporting Lustre 2.5, ClusterStor 9000 users may optionally add Distributed Namespace (DNE) metadata servers, enabling greater scalability in the size of the namespace and increased metadata performance – Also, Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM) ready (requires Lustre 2.5)
- Delivers 50% higher performance than previous ClusterStor platforms, customers benefit from reduced data center floor space, power, cooling and administrative costs, up to 60% better than competitive offerings.
- Features GridRAID providing 400% faster rebuild times, reduced management tasks and operating costs
- Unique architecture eliminates storage I/O bottlenecks and enables efficient linear scalability
- Achieves maximum sustainable performance per disk drive
ClusterStor 6000: Engineered Solution for HPC Storage
ClusterStor 6000 is an integrated Lustre storage solution, designed for HPC and Big Data users who want to build efficient petascale solutions for high performance computing applications in areas such as scientific research, simulation, climate modeling and energy exploration.
- First to sustain over 1TB/sec file system performance
- Unique building block design increases performance density and reliability while reducing power and cooling costs
- Easy to install and use with factory integrated hardware, software and network components
ClusterStor 1500: Best ROI, Acceleration, Performance and Value
ClusterStor 1500 solutions feature scale-out storage building blocks, the Lustre® parallel filesystem and a comprehensive management platform that eliminates the guesswork associated with creating your own high performance computing (HPC) storage solution.
- Perfect for scale-out HPC environments that fit inside one rack (including stand alone genomics systems, gas and oil exploration and academic research)
- Increased reliability, availability and serviceability
- Single pane of glass management of storage infrastructure
- Easy deployment
1ClusterStor Manager is an easy-to-use GUI that lets you view the entire storage infrastructure, RAID data protection layer, operating system, and Lustre file system.
ClusterStor Manager: Single Pane-of-Glass Management
ClusterStor Manager (CSM) is a comprehensive system management application that brings to life powerful, intuitive, context-aware real-time monitoring and proactive management designed into an easy-to-use interface. Every ClusterStor system includes CSM which allows:
- Monitoring your system at unprecedented levels of visibility while decreasing the administrative management burden.
- Consolidating detailed health monitoring and error reporting
- Reducing complexity and service costs associated with small to very large environments
- Enables seamless integration with other datacenter management tools
Learn about ClusterStor Professional Services >