Reduce Footprint. Increase Capacity. Lower Costs.
Store large amounts of data without using a ton of space with up to 2TB of storage on a 2.5-inch form factor.
- Quickly access high integrity data in a secure manner with either 12Gb/s SAS or SATA 6Gb/s
- Enjoy peace of mind with this third-generation drive delivering enterprise-class reliability for 24×7 environmental robustness
- Lower your power costs and store data faster with over 50% improvement in watts/TB, and 18% sequential performance improvement compared to the previous generation Rest easy with maximum system availability and drive performance as a result of improved rotational vibration tolerance and head micro-actuation
Unparalleled HDD Power Savings
Enterprise Capacity 2.5 HDDs reduce per-gigabyte cooling and energy costs by packing high capacities into an SFF, low-power-consumption drive.
Included Seagate® PowerChoice™ technology can further reduce energy costs by empowering IT organizations to tailor systems for optimal performance and power consumption. This results in power savings of up to 35% over traditional 3.5-inch drives, and potentially operating at low as 1.1 watts when idle. PowerChoice is based on the T13- and T10-compliant power management standard.
Big Storage for Small Spaces
Enterprise Capacity 2.5 HDDs can help you deploy additional enterprise storage without expanding your data center.
With its 15mm z-height, the 2TB model is the third generation of the leading 2.5-inch hard drive capacity-optimized for dense, space-constrained data centers. This model can help you store twice as much data in the same footprint. Also features for nearline storage:
- Enterprise-class firmware and best-in-class rotational vibration tolerance maximize system availability and performance in multi-drive systems
- 12Gb/s SAS for improved data integrity, and scalability over long distances with fastest data access
- The SATA 6Gb/s interface is ideal to maximize for fast, economical bulk data storage
Save Money with Seagate Secure Drives
Seagate Secure™ Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) are TCG-compliant and can improve data-at-rest security and reduce drive retirement costs. The SEDs meet regulatory data security compliance requirements and are FIPS 140-2 Validated™ to protect Sensitive but Unclassified and Protected class data.1
Moreover, Seagate Instant Secure Erase2 feature on the SED and FIPS drives renders all data unreadable in less than a second. Learn more about Seagate secure disk erase deployment options >
1Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) and FIPS 140-2 Validated drives are not available in all models or countries. See Seagate Encrypting Drives Import/Export Compliance. May require TCG-compliant host or controller support.
2ISO/IEC 27040 (Information technology—Security techniques—Storage security) and NIST 800-88 (Guidelines for Media Sanitization)
IT Pros Rate Seagate Enterprise HDDs as Best-In-Class for a 2nd Consecutive Year
Seagate was selected by IT professionals as the 2013 and 2014 Market Leader for Enterprise HDDs. Get the full report to see the survey data behind the voting for Market, Performance, Reliability, Price, Service & Support and Innovation Leaders.
Seagate's Enterprise Capacity 2.5 HDD v3 delivers incredibly efficient power consumption and impressively nimble performance in random workloads. In tandem with a spate of enterprise-class features, dual-port 12Gb/s SAS functionality, and a five-year warranty, the Enterprise Capacity v3 is the leader in the 2.5" 7,200-RPM hard drive market.