Cloud Backup and Recovery Services
Get fast, efficient and secure backups and fail-proof cloud recovery. Plus simple, trusted backup solutions that work effectively across heterogeneous storage environments and hybrid clouds. Seagate provides flexible and cost effective solutions across the globe.
You need the peace of mind of having a secondary site in the cloud to protect your business data in the case of a disaster, an outage or a hardware failure.
To ensure you can recover your data quickly when disaster strikes and without investing in a costly secondary disaster recovery facility.
Seagate Cloud Backup Service automates the data protection process and provides patented deduping and data-transfer technology, a web portal, and end-to-end security that ensures no one sees your data.
- Server data is backed up to the Seagate cloud.
- Seagate Backup Services for Microsoft Azure works with your business infrastructure to simplify cross-platform and multi-hypervisor backup and recovery.
- End-to-end encryption: encrypts backup data inside the ﬁrewall (AES, 3DES, Blowﬁsh), over the wire (AES, SSL), and when at rest in the Seagate cloud; only you hold the decryption keys.
- Fast, efficient backups: only new or changed data blocks are sent; compression and bandwidth throttling further speed transfers, lighten network loads, and shrink storage.
- More than 3- 9’s of availability: our geo-redundant data centers achieve SSAE 16 compliance and earn the Uptime Institute’s top-tier rating.
You need the benefits of an offsite disaster recovery center without the burden of upfront costs and ongoing maintenance or administration
To ensure disaster recovery, you need to store redundant copies of your backup data. But creating your own disaster recovery facility is just too costly.
Seagate Offsite Replication Service delivers affordable, efficient, ensured replication. Combined with Seagate Software, it creates a cloud-connected solution that can quickly recover data over the local area network (LAN) while providing complete offsite protection against site disasters.
- Bandwidth-optimized replication: The Seagate technology platform replicates the smallest possible amount of backup data to the Seagate cloud, minimizing bandwidth requirements and shortening the replication window. You can also schedule the replication for off-peak hours and predefine how much bandwidth to use.
- World-class cloud infrastructure: All Seagate data centers are SSAE 16 compliant, so rest assured your data is safely stored. If necessary, a second vault can be quickly provisioned and scaled to meet your offsite storage needs.
- End-to-end data security: NIST-certified AES encryption secures the data while it’s in transit and at rest. Only authorized personnel in your organization can decrypt the data.
- Additional disaster recovery services: The Seagate Cloud Disaster Recovery Service can quickly recover critical applications after a disaster from within a secure, virtual environment.
Seagate Backup and Recovery Private Cloud: Built to Make Service Providers Successful
Seagate Backup and Recovery Private Cloud grows with your business. Expand your services at the speed of business while minimizing premature capital spending. Its modular, so you can add storage when you need it. Deliver a lower total cost of ownership, a solution that scales out to support petabyte requirements. Now that's true enterprise performance, availability, and resilience.
For Service Providers, success is dependent on having a right-sized infrastructure that can cost-effectively and efficiently scale. You need a solution that lets you simply and quickly add modules to the cluster infrastructure to gain incremental capacity.
The Seagate Backup and Recovery Private Cloud is comprised of Seagate modular scale out converged infrastructure paired with Seagate Backup and Recovery Software. It can successfully meet the backup needs of your clients with exponential data growth seeking the extra security and service associated with a private cloud.
IT staff productivity is improved and management simplified as all backup jobs point to a single Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN). Built-in clustering enables the addition of storage capacity with no application intervention. High availability and resilience is built into each Seagate Private Cloud enclosure with redundant storage, redundant networking and failover intelligence built into the software layer. Backup data can be replicated between Backup and Recovery Private Clouds in geographically redundant sites.
- Ability to add storage capacity without impacting your production environment
- High availability and resilience built into the solution to meet enterprise best practices and compliance requirements
- Manage a single large vault with built in clustering for reduced operational complexity to save you time
- Designed for multi-tenancy use
- Built-in hierarchical storage management to optimize TCO through Tier 1 and Tier 2 storage
- Investment protection lets you pay as you grow the business