Reduce Footprint. Increase Capacity. Lower Costs.
The Seagate® Enterprise Capacity 2.5 HDD is the only 2.5-inch enterprise-class hard drive delivering both 2TB capacities and enterprise reliability at the industry’s lowest power per Watt for storage-hungry nearline applications.
- Maximises data centre footprint with twice the storage capacity over last generation
- Helps lower your TCO with highest capacity 2.5-inch drive at industry-leading power efficiency
- Delivers best-in-class performance for 2.5-inch nearline drive with a sustained transfer rate of 136MB/s.
- Provides secure bulk data storage with Seagate Secure Drive technologies
Unparalleled HDD Power Savings
Enterprise Capacity 2.5 HDDs reduce per-gigabyte cooling and energy costs by packing high capacities into an SFF, low-power-consumption drive.
Included Seagate® PowerChoice™ technology can further reduce energy costs by empowering IT organisations to tailor systems for optimal performance and power consumption. This results in power savings of up to 54% over traditional 3.5–inch drives, and potentially operating at less than 1 Watt when idle. PowerChoice is based on the T10-compliant power management standard.
Big Storage for Small Spaces
Enterprise Capacity 2.5 HDDs can help you deploy additional enterprise storage without expanding your data centre.
With its 15mm z-height, the 2TB model is the third generation of the first 2.5-inch hard drive capacity-optimised for dense, space-constrained data centres. This model can help you store twice as much data in the same footprint. Also features for nearline storage:
- Enterprise-class firmware and best-in-class rotational vibration tolerance maximise system availability and performance in multi-drive systems
- Choose 12Gb/s SAS for improved data integrity, scalability over longer distances and fast data access
- The SATA 6Gb/s interface is ideal for fast, economical bulk data storage.
Save Money with Seagate Secure Drives
Seagate Secure™ Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) are TCG-compliant and can improve data-at-rest security and reduce drive retirement costs. The SEDs meet regulatory data security compliance requirements and are FIPS 140-2 Validated™ to protect Sensitive but Unclassified and Protected class data.*
Moreover, Seagate Instant Secure EraseTM feature on the SED and FIPS drives renders all data unreadable in less than a second. Learn more about Seagate secure disk erase deployment options >
*Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) and FIPS 140-2 Validated drives are not available for all models or countries. See Seagate Encrypting Drives Import/Export Compliance. May require TCG-compliant host or controller support.
IT Pros Rate Seagate Enterprise HDDs as Best-In-Class for a 2nd Consecutive Year
Seagate was selected by IT professionals as the 2013 and 2014 Market Leader for Enterprise HDDs. Get the full report to see the survey data behind the voting for Market, Performance, Reliability, Price, Service & Support and Innovation Leaders.