Windows 98 SE
If you are using the USB connection, then additional drivers are required.
1. Right-click on your Desktop, choose New | Folder, and name the folder something like USB Drivers.
2. Once you've downloaded the drivers from this page, double-click on ST1USB98.exe. It will ask where you want to unzip them.
3. Unzip them to the just-created USB Drivers folder on your Desktop.
4. Click the Start menu, then select Settings, then Control Panel, then System, then Device Manager.
5. From the Device Manager, open Disk Drives.
6. Right-click on the external drive, select Properties, then select Driver.
7. Select Update Driver, then Next, then Search for a better driver (Recommended).
8. Specify a location by selecting Browse now.
9. Browse to the just-created USB Drivers folder on the Desktop and complete the driver update.
For more information, please see this helpful guide for loading these drivers.