The easy-to-use storage solution.
The Expansion external hard drive installs easily by plugging in two cords. You can start saving your digital files to this hard drive within seconds of removing it from the box.
Instantly adds storage capacity.
Digital photos, video and music files can tax your computer’s storage, causing performance to decline as its internal hard drive fills to capacity.
Trusted Seagate quality and support.
Seagate has delivered proven, reliable storage solutions for more than 30 years.
With more than one billion hard drives shipped, Seagate continues to stand behind its quality by including a limited warranty with the Expansion external hard drive. Additionally, Seagate support is always available should you have questions or need assistance using your Expansion external hard drive.
Installs in seconds.
Seagate® Expansion® external hard drive can be used within seconds of removing it from the box:
- Simply plug in the included power supply and USB cable
- The hard drive is automatically recognized by Windows operating system—no software to install and nothing to configure
- Drag and drop to save files to the Expansion external hard drive
- Built-in power management automatically ensures energy-efficient operation
More storage for your computer.
The Expansion external hard drive features a range of capacities, with the 3TB model offering enough data storage for:
- Up to 3,000 hours of digital video
- Up to 750 2-hour DVD movies
- Up to 960,000 digital photos
- Up to 49,980 hours of digital music
- Instantly add more storage space to your computer
- Free-up space on your computer’s internal hard drive to improve performance
- Seagate Expansion external hard drive
- USB 3.0 cable
- Power adapter
- Quick start guide
1Photos based on a 10 megapixel camera producing images 5MB in size
2Songs based on average length of 4 minutes, 4MB size
3HD video based on 720p or 1080i video
4Blu-ray HD movie calculated at 16.2GB per hour recording rate
- Windows® 8, 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP SP3 (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port (required for USB 3.0 transfer speeds or backwards compatible with USB 2.0 ports at USB 2.0 transfer speeds)