Sep 30, 2002
"We've made our disc drives easier to install and use," said Brian Dexheimer, Seagate executive vice president of Worldwide Sales, Marketing and Customer Service. "Seagate's hard drive kit is the only one that includes individually customized installation software and a video tutorial, comprehensive diagnostic software to find and correct PC errors, a protective package that resists 1,000 Gs of shock, and a PCB cover on the drive to prevent accidental damage to sensitive components."
"Our tech-savvy customers have ever-increasing needs to digitally store video, music, games, art and important information," said Kevin Balon, business team director of peripherals and accessories at Best Buy. "Adding the new Seagate hard drives to our product mix reflects our commitment to offer choice to our customers and allow them to make the decision that best suits their individual needs."
Seagate's is the only hard drive offered to retail consumers with these features:
* DiscWizard installation software gives customized instructions that match the consumer's PC setup; installation is Web-based or CD-based
* Video tutorial steps users through the installation process
* Installation instructions are printed right on the drive, plus a quick and easy installation guide gets users up and running fast
* SoftSonic fluid dynamic bearing motor enables the world's quietest PC hard drive, with fast 7,200-rpm performance
* SeaShield cover stops damage to sensitive PCB components during handling
* SeaShell package protects against over 1,000 Gs shock during handling, preventing damaged drives
* SeaTools diagnostic software helps users find the real source of PC or drive issues, and avoid the misdiagnosis and unnecessary return of hard drives
Seagate's retail hard drive kits include a fast and quiet 7,200-rpm hard drive, Ultra ATA/100 interface cable, disc utility CD, quick installation guide and mounting screws.
Seagate is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacturing and marketing of hard disc drives for Enterprise, PC and Consumer Electronics applications. The Company is committed to delivering award-winning products, customer support and reliability, to meet the world's growing demand for information storage. Seagate can be found around the globe and at www.seagate.com.
Seagate, Seagate Technology and the Seagate logo are registered trademarks of Seagate Technology LLC. SeaShield, SeaShell, DiscWizard, SoftSonic and Sea Tools are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Seagate Technology LLC or one of its affiliate companies. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Seagate reserves the right to change, without notice, product offerings or specifications.