May 05, 2004
To better meet the needs of its large and growing customer base in Malaysia, Seagate has introduced authorized service centres to provide increased support to end-users here. These SeaCare centres will provide more responsive after-sales services, ease of access to warranty support and drive replacement to end-users in Malaysia.
The SeaCare centers will operate from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, and will be managed by Seagate Authorized Distributors (Achieva Technology, eSys Distribution and Ingram Micro) through their offices in Petaling Jaya, Penang, Johar Bahru, Kota Kinabalu and Kuching. Seagate standard product warranties for both Personal and Enterprise storage products will be honoured at these centers.
"Our long-standing commitment to technology leadership and product reliability is now matched by increased levels of customer service and support,? said Sharad Srivastava, Seagate country manager - Malaysia. "The introduction of SeaCare centres in Malasyia underlines our continued effort to build stronger customer relationships, and to leverage our global support infrastructure to help customers in the region achieve new levels of success."
Today, Seagate offers one of the most comprehensive global support and service programs including:
- Seagate SeaCare centres in other parts of Asia including Australia, India, Indonesia, Korea, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand
- Responsive phone and online end user support
- In-country RMA replacement programs for registered resellers in select emerging markets around the world
- Seagate Partner Program with phone center and online support in the Europe and America markets
- Seagate Design Service Centers - a group of facilities created to offer a full range of research and development, design, and testing services to all Seagate customers for Enterprise, PC, Notebook and Consumer Electronics applications.
Seagate is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacturing and marketing of hard disc drives, providing products for a wide range of Enterprise, PC, Notebook and Consumer Electronics applications. The Company is committed to delivering award-winning products, customer support and reliability, to meet the world's growing demand for information storage. Seagate can be found around the globe and at www.seagate.com.
Seagate and Seagate Technology are registered trademarks of Seagate Technology LLC.