Oct 20, 2005
This new programme represents part of an investment of over $100 million that Seagate has made in the past year to develop and support business in the distribution channel.
Existing Seagate Partner Programme members can automatically re-register for the new programme by entering a new username and password. For new members, registration takes only a few minutes.
Seagate Partner Programme membership offers a number of exclusive features and benefits:
- A new, improved password-protected website with value-added content;
- Dedicated pre- and post-sales support that lowers the cost of doing business, improves time-to-market and helps improve service levels to customers by providing faster access to information;
- An exclusive evaluation unit programme that allows members to purchase the latest Seagate products at a special discount;
- An online Returns Management System that allows for faster, cheaper and more convenient management of drive returns;
- Marketing material created by Seagate to help minimise the cost of marketing tool development, win new business and drive new sales;
- The monthly "Knowledge Drive" eNewsletter which provides the latest news on products, technology and the storage market.
Added to these benefits, Seagate provides all of its distribution partners with the most comprehensive portfolio of products in the hard disc drive industry, covering 97% of the market, and its industry leading five-year warranty on all internal drives.
"Our commitment to driving channel success by adding value for our partners is demonstrated by the launch of the new Seagate Partner Programme with a range of industry-leading features and benefits," said Henk van den Berg, Seagate's marketing director in EMEA. "We have learned from our partners, and from other leading technology company programmes, what the attributes of a successful partner programme should be and we have applied these to Seagate's programme. We have also made access to the programme easier for resellers and system builders in EMEA by delivering it in eight languages."
Seagate is supporting the launch of the new Seagate Partner Programme with an extensive advertising and promotion campaign across EMEA.
Seagate is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of hard disc drives, providing products for a wide-range of Enterprise, Desktop, Mobile Computing, and Consumer Electronics applications. Seagate's business model leverages technology leadership and world-class manufacturing to deliver industry-leading innovation and quality to its global customers, and to be the low cost producer in all markets in which it participates. The company is committed to providing award-winning products, customer support and reliability to meet the world's growing demand for information storage. Seagate can be found around the globe and at www.seagate.com.
Seagate, Seagate Technology and the Wave logo are registered trademarks of Seagate Technology LLC. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.