Oct 25, 2004
The inventive new drives are built on the world's most advanced hard drive technology platforms from Seagate, and are designed to make data and digital content storage, backup and transfer more portable, more reliable and easier than ever to meet a variety of consumers' computing needs. Seagate is at the forefront of rapidly evolving consumer storage trends - with these new drives, consumers now have better control of their data, video, music, digital photography, games and multimedia.
Seagate USB 2.0 Pocket Hard Drive
The new Seagate USB 2.0 Pocket Hard Drive is the biggest small hard drive on the planet. Safely encased in its sleek palm-sized shell, it's as convenient as a USB thumb drive yet offers an incredible 5GB of storage for transporting or quickly backing up a huge amount of data, pictures, audio or video files.
The Seagate Pocket Hard Drive has a stylish, round design less than three inches in diameter. Its round shape with retractable USB cable is designed to move in and out of a pocket easily, and its rubberized feet keep it still on the desktop when it's not in transit. With its robust design and high shock tolerance it enables mobility and delivers high performance, low power consumption and reliability. The Seagate Pocket Hard Drive also includes toolkit software for data security and easy content management, letting users password protect their hard drive.
Seagate USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive
The Seagate Portable External Hard Drive offers fantastic news for consumers that need easy access to large data, video, digital music, presentations and multimedia files on-the-go and on-the-desktop. With a small, blazing fast 5,400-rpm hard drive inside, the Seagate Portable External Hard Drive delivers up to 100-Gbytes of storage - the highest capacity of any hard drive in its class - in a small, attractive footprint just bigger than an index card. This USB bus-powered external drive offers high shock resistance and low power consumption to conserve laptop battery life.
The drive weighs less than a pound, and with its sleek aluminum alloy enclosure it runs cooler and resists bumps better than any other external desktop hard drive, and its rubberized feet ensure it stays steady on the desktop when it's not in transit. It's the quietest hard drive on the market, equipped with Seagate's patented Fluid Dynamic Bearing motor and QuietStep ramp load technology which enables whisper-quiet load/unload acoustics.
The 100GB model also includes a huge 8MB cache plus award-winning, easy-to-use CMS BounceBack Express backup software to insure both data protection and increased data security.
The Seagate Portable External Hard Drive is the ultimate solution for consumers that want to take their digital content with them when traveling or just carry more music, photos or business files.
Both the Seagate USB 2.0 Pocket Hard Drive and the Seagate USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive feature a worry-free one-year warranty that covers all parts and labor, plus free technical support, even after the warranty ends.
Ask for these and other Seagate products at Best Buy, CompUSA, Fry's, D&H, and other retail stores.
Seagate USB 2.0 Pocket Hard Drive - Features
The convenient way to carry digital music, photos, video, and business files.
- Distinct round palm-size design, rugged protection
- Safeguard files with password protection
- 3,600-rpm high-performance drive with a 2MB cache
- High-speed USB 2.0 - hot-swappable, USB powered so there's no need for extra cables or adapters
5.0GB can hold:
- Up to 80 hours of MP3 or 160 hours of WMA music
- 2,000 high-resolution 5-megapixel photos
- 4.5 hours of digital video
- Thousands of business files
- Best solution for highly portable data transfer
- Great for carrying music, photos and business files
- USB 2.0 bus-powered design and high shock tolerance enable mobility and durability
Seagate USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive - Features
The easy, convenient way to take your office on the road.
- Aluminum alloy enclosure - rugged protection, runs cool, weighs under a pound
- 5,400-rpm high-performance hard drive, whisper-quiet operation
- Higher speed while conserving laptop battery life - no separate power supply needed
- Backup software (100GB model only)
100GB can hold:
- Up to 1,600 hours of MP3 or 3,200 hours of WMA music
- 40,000 high-resolution 5-megapixel photos
- 100 hours of digital video
- 140 action-packed games
- Tens of thousands of business files
- Ideal for the mobile user
- Great for carrying music, photos, business files
- Fast and easy notebook or desktop file transfer
Seagate is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacturing and marketing of hard disc drives, providing products for a wide range of Enterprise, PC, Notebook and Consumer Electronics applications. The company is committed to delivering award-winning products, customer support and reliability, to meet the world's growing demand for information storage. Seagate can be found around the globe and at www.seagate.com.
Seagate and Seagate Technology are registered trademarks of Seagate Technology LLC. Specified storage capacities reflect standard configurations exclusive of operating system or other software formatting.