SCOTTS VALLEY, California - Seagate (NASDAQ: STX) today introduced the industry’s highest-capacity, 4-bay and 2-bay, desktop network attached storage solutions to help data-intensive small businesses address evolving storage needs. The BlackArmor® NAS 440 network storage server
and BlackArmor® NAS 220 network storage server
, extend the capacity range of Seagate’s BlackArmor® family of storage solutions
, enabling businesses to now scale from 1TB to 12TB to help keep pace with the growing stores of high-definition multimedia files and business-critical data. Initially, both solutions will come pre-populated with 3TB drives in each bay¹ and will be offered exclusively for 30-days via Seagate.com
and select online retailers. For the first 30 days, CDW
will provide the 12TB BlackArmor NAS 440 for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of US$1,899.99, and NewEgg
will sell the 6TB BlackArmor NAS 220 for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of US$649.99.
Both the BlackArmor® NAS 440 and BlackArmor® NAS 220 network storage servers are designed to help businesses with up to 50 employees and little or no IT support, to centralise and secure data with maximum uptime by delivering:
- Software management tools that are compatible across the family to provide a consistent user experience and future growth path with minimal training or need for additional support.
- Support for Microsoft® Active Directory 2000, 2003, 2008 for populating users and groups.
- Unparalleled security with powerful hardware-based encryption.
- Remote access with the included, web-based Seagate Global Access™ service and FTP functionality.
- Quick start features, ability to view or map shared volumes to a computer easily, or back up the PC from which you are working, using the BlackArmor Discovery tool software, which automatically displays all BlackArmor NAS products connected to the network.
- Full-system backup and recovery help protect everything on your PC’s hard drive, including the operating system, programs and settings. In the event of a system crash or failure, your computer can be restored to a previous point in time with SafetyDrill+™ software.
- Event email notification to alert the user to status and changes to the server.
- Additional USB ports to connect extra USB storage devices, easily share a USB printer or connect an uninterrupted power supply (UPS) to safeguard against power failure.
The BlackArmor NAS 440 server is configured with RAID 5 and is shipped with 10 backup software licences out-of-the-box, while the BlackArmor NAS 220 server is shipped with RAID 1 configuration for automatic data mirroring and five backup software licences. Additional licences for both products can be purchased in two- and five-set increments from Seagate.com.
For Further Information Contact:
Siobhan Lyons, SEAGATE, +1 (408) 328-2247, email@example.com
Nathan Papadopulos, SEAGATE, +1 (408) 328-2167, firstname.lastname@example.org
Seagate is the worldwide leader in hard disc drives and storage solutions. Learn more at http://www.seagate.com
© 2010 Seagate Technology LLC. All rights reserved. Printed in USA. Seagate, Seagate Technology, the Wave logo, BlackArmor, Global Access and SafetyDrill+ are trademarks or registered trademarks of Seagate Technology LLC or its affiliated companies in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. When referring to hard drive capacity, one gigabyte, or GB, equals one billion bytes; and one terabyte, or TB, equals one trillion bytes. Your computer operating system may use a different standard of measurement and report a lower capacity. In addition, some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions, and thus will not be available for data storage. The export or re-export of hardware or software containing encryption may be regulated by the US Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security (for more information go to http://www.bis.doc.gov/). Seagate reserves the right to change, without notice, product offerings or specifications.
¹Seagate plans to produce a distribution model 3TB internal drive that can be used to upgrade a current 400 series NAS product later this year.