Jun 18, 2007
Increasingly, digital data for navigation, entertainment and productivity/control systems needs to be accessible on demand despite exposure to harsh environmental conditions. The EE25 Series drives support a wide range of such applications, including:
- Entertainment, information and navigation systems for commercial aircraft, automobiles and marine vessels;
- Ruggedized PCs;
- Equipment exposed to a range of vibration and temperature extremes;
- Commercial/industrial control systems; and
- Mobile or remote CCTV systems.
"The digitization of information brings new challenges and new opportunities, and a number of applications have emerged that require rugged storage devices to safeguard vital data. We're seeing this growth in a wide range of vertical markets such as commercial in-flight entertainment systems field equipment," said Patrick King, senior vice president and general manager of Seagate's Consumer Electronics Business Unit. "Seagate is providing its most advanced extreme environment drive to date - the EE25 Series 5400.2 - to address these markets and give our customers the secure, reliable and durable storage solutions they need."
A Rugged Hard Drive for Everywhere on the Planet
The EE25.2 hard drive delivers reliable performance in the harshest environments, enabling data to go virtually anywhere on the planet - or above it:
- Delivers data from Scandinavia to the Sahara with an operating temperature range of -30 to +85 degrees Celsius (-22 to +185 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Specified to operate at 5,000 meters (16,400 feet) above sea level, as high as the famed Ticlo mountain pass in Peru - its predecessor, the EE25.1, has been proven in multiple expeditions to Mount Everest and other major summits.
- With operating vibration tolerance of 150 Gs at 11 milliseconds, EE25.2 drives can withstand more vibration than any other standalone drive, ideal for extreme environments.
- Tested for continuous operation in 90 percent humidity, EE25.2 drives contain 30 percent more absorption material than their predecessors, handling environments as humid as the Amazon rainforest with ease.
- Designed for 24x7 year-round operation, EE25.2 drives are ideal for "set it and forget it" applications such as mobile surveillance systems and data collection devices.
The EE25 can also lower customers' total cost of ownership thanks to reduced maintenance requirements and an extended lifecycle backed by Seagate's unprecedented five-year warranty. To help customers integrate EE25 Series drives into their systems, the Seagate Design Service Centers also offer a world-class team of product designers and engineers - experienced in new hard drive applications requiring great levels of robustness - to provide integration support.
Seagate is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of hard disc drives, providing products for a wide-range of applications, including Enterprise, Desktop, Mobile Computing, Consumer Electronics and Branded Solutions. Seagate's business model leverages technology leadership and world-class manufacturing to deliver industry-leading innovation and quality to its global customers, and to be the low cost producer in all markets in which it participates. The company is committed to providing award-winning products, customer support and reliability to meet the world's growing demand for information storage. Seagate can be found around the globe and at www.seagate.com. Seagate, Seagate Technology and the Wave logo are registered trademarks of Seagate Technology LLC. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. When referring to drive capacity one gigabyte, or GB, equals one billion bytes and one megabyte, or MB, equals one million bytes. Accessible capacity may vary depending on operating environment and formatting.