- Move Xbox Games to Drive
How to Transfer Games from Xbox to Seagate Game Drive
With a Seagate Game Drive, your Xbox has the opportunity to improve both capacity and load times, sounds like a great move to us! So why not take all of the games you already have installed on your internal storage and move them to your faster SSD external drive—we can show you how easy it is to do.
7 Steps to Transfer Games from Xbox to Your External Hard Drive
- Press your controller’s Xbox button.
- Open the “System Guide” and select “System”.
- Navigate to the “Settings” menu and select the “Storage” button.
- Under the “Manage Storage” box, highlight your internal drive and select “Transfer”.
- Check each game you want to transfer over or “Select All” for a full migration.
- Click “Copy” or “Move Selected”.
- Confirm the external hard drive you want to transfer to, and that’s it!
Make Your Game Drive the Default Download Location
Now that you’ve moved all of your games onto your Game Drive—taking advantage of the extra space and load times—why not make it the default location for new downloads? Lucky for you, we’ve got a video to help take you through those simple steps. Have a look.
Take Your Games On The Road
Sometimes you just need to beat a friend in-person. And with your games transferred on an external Game Drive, that’s exactly what you can do. Simply plug into their console, login to your Xbox Live account. We also recommend snacks and a beverage, but it's up to you how you want to get your game on.
Extra space on your console, faster load times, portability—your Xbox is ready to go. Let’s play!
For more tips and tricks on how to optimize all your gaming needs, check out more videos at Inside Gaming with Seagate.
Thanks for reading and happy gaming ✌