Explains how to use favorites and tagging in lyveHow to use Favorites and Tagging within Lyve
All of the Lyve apps (with the current exception of our Windows & Kindle Fire apps) have the ability to apply tags to your photos and videos, which helps you sort and organize your Lyve collection. Additionally, you can mark photos and videos as favorites, which helps you to quickly find your “greatest hits” throughout your collection. Tags and favorites carry over automatically to all of the other Lyve apps you have installed on other devices, so any sorting or organization you do on your mobile phone carries over to Lyve on your desktop computer (and vice-versa).
If you save photos back to your Lyve account from a Mix you've joined, Lyve automatically creates a new tag with the name of the Mix, so that you can find those photos easily. Learn more about Lyve Mix here: How to use Lyve Mix
To create and view Favorites:
- Open Lyve and select any photo or video (or multiples of photos and videos via the Select option on the mobile app, or shift+select on the Mac desktop app).
- Tap or click the star icon to mark the photo or video as a favorite. Tap or click the star again to remove a favorite.
- To see your favorites, just tap or click the menu icon in the upper left corner of the app, then select Favorites from the list.
To create, use, and view tags (Lyve App for mobile devices):
- Open Lyve and select any photo or video (or multiples of photos and videos via the Select option).
- Tap the tag icon.
- Tap the plus symbol to create a new tag, and/or choose the tags you wish to apply.
- To see your tags, just select Tags under the main Lyve menu in the upper left corner of the app.
To create, use, and view tags (Lyve app for desktop computers):
- Open Lyve and select any photo or video (or multiples of photos and videos via shift+select on the Mac).
- Click on Tags under the Lyve menu.
- Click the plus symbol to add a new tag.
- Drag and drop the photos or videos you wish to tag from the right window to your tag of choice on the left. Note that you can access photos, videos, or recently added content by using the selectors along the top left of the window.
- To see your tags, just select Tags under the main Lyve menu.
You can add as many photos or videos as you want to your Favorites (or Tags) or use any combination of tags to help you sort your collection.
If your list of tags gets a little long, you can always use the search filter on the desktop app to sort through them. Tag filtering is available on mobile when you add a tag to a photo, and we're working on adding another filter option to the main Tags page in the app.
To remove or rename a tag with the Lyve mobile apps, just swipe over the tag you wish to edit and you’ll see options to rename or remove. To do the same thing in the desktop apps, just click on the tag you'd like to alter in the Tags window, then choose the pencil icon to edit or the trashcan icon to remove the tag. Removing tags does NOT delete the photos from your Lyve collection, it just removes the tag data.