Thank you for purchasing a new hard drive from Seagate. You're only minutes away from unlocking all of the capacity of your new hard drive. Please download the new DiscWizard software to configure your drive to best meet your needs.
Getting the most from your hard drive larger than 2TB
Using a hard drive larger than 2.1TB on Windows-based computer systems may require special setup considerations:
|Operating System||BIOS||Boot Disk||Data Disk|
|UEFI BIOS*||Supported by Windows 64 bit only||Supported by Windows|
|PC BIOS||Use DiscWizard Software||Supported by Windows|
|Windows XP||PC BIOS||Use DiscWizard Software||Use DiscWizard Software|
|* Universal Extensible Firmware Interface|
Beyond 2TB Support Links
- If your system uses the Intel RST driver, your 3TB disk drive may appear to be 800GB. See our support article about the Intel RST driver.
- System memory requirement is 1GB and higher for 32-bit systems and 2GB and higher for 64-bit systems.
- Seagate DiscWizard software installs a device driver to achieve full capacity on Legacy BIOS systems.
- Windows systems with legacy BIOS using DiscWizard will need two partitions on the boot drive to achieve full capacity.
- Windows 7 and Vista native support for 3TB non-booting data drives is with GPT partitions, available on all systems.
- Windows 7 and Vista native support for booting 3TB is on UEFI BIOS systems and using GPT partitions only.