1. Download the file mca_v_3_5_74.bin file to your Windows desktop. You should see a file named mca_v_3_5_74.bin.
2. Double click on the Maxtor Manager icon on your desktop.
3. Once the Central Axis is located in the discovery screen, select it and click Settings.
4. From the Maxtor Manager Main Menu, select Maxtor Central Axis Admin Web Page.
5. This will open up your default web browser. If you have applied a password to the Central Axis Drive it will prompt you to enter it at this time.
6. After entering your password select ADVANCED FEATURES > SYSTEM MAINTENANCE > SYSTEM UPDATE.
7. Click on the Manual Install button.
8. After the update warning screen displays click Next.
9. When the Manual System Update screen displays click on the Browse button.
10. Select the mca_v_3_5_74.bin file from the location it was saved to (e.g., the Windows Desktop). Click Open.
11. Click Update. At this point the software will load to your Central Axis Drive. The update process takes approximately 10 minutes to complete. During this time, the Central Axis Drive will be inaccessible to users.
12. Once the update is finished you will get a confirmation screen letting you know that your Central Axis Drive has been updated successfully. Click DONE.