Your data is the heart of your organization. It needs to be kept safe—all the time, the instant you save it to your drive. Seagate Secure™ encryption hard drives keep your data safe even if your drives are lost, stolen, or misplaced.1
- Seagate Instant Secure Erase renders all data on the hard drive unreadable in less than a second via a cryptographic erase of the data encryption key. So you can securely return, reuse, or dispose of the drive.
- Auto-Lock automatically locks the drive and secures its data the instant a drive is removed from a system, or the moment the drive or system is powered down.1
- FIPS 140-2 Validated™ Self-Encrypting Drives are certified by the U.S. and Canadian governments to protect Sensitive but Unclassified and Protected class data.1,2
Seagate Self-Encrypting Drives protect data-at-rest and reduce IT drive retirement costs. Seagate FIPS SEDs also do that plus help you achieve FIPS compliance to gain competitive advantage and protect your brand equity. Be Seagate Secure™ — strong enough for national security, yet easy enough for the one-man IT department.
Choose the right family of Seagate Secure™ SED Drives for you.
1. SED, FIPS/SED and auto-lock options not available in all models or countries. Some models may require TCG-compliant host or controller support. Auto-lock option and FIPS SED models require TCG-compliant host or controller support. TM: The FIPS logo is a certification mark of NIST, which does not imply product endorsement by NIST, the U.S., or Canadian governments.
2. Encryption/FIPS — FIPS 140-2 Validated Self-Encrypting Drives (SEDs) have been certified by the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and Canadian Communications Security Establishment (CSE) as meeting the Level 2 security requirements for cryptographic modules as defined in the Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 140-2 Publication. FIPS Encryption models are not available in all models or countries.