- Place the adapter plug for your location into the channel on the power supply. Slide it down to lock it in place.
- Connect the power cable to Expansion Desktop.
- Connect the power supply to a live power outlet.
Connect to computer
- Connect the USB micro-B end of the cable to the USB micro-B port on Expansion Desktop.
- Connect the USB-A end of the cable to your computer’s USB-A port.
You can connect your Seagate device to a USB-C port on your computer. The USB-C port must support USB 3.0 or higher. A USB micro-B to USB-C cable is not included with this device.
Set up Expansion Desktop
The setup process lets you:
|Register Seagate Expansion Desktop
||Get the most from your drive with easy access to information and support.
Set up backup plans and more.
Your computer must be connected to the internet to register your device and install Toolkit.
Using a file manager such as Finder or File Explorer, open Expansion Desktop and launch Start Here Win or Start Here Mac.
Register your device
Enter your information and click Register.
Click the Download button.
Using a file manager such as Finder or File Explorer, go to the folder where you receive downloads.
Click on the SeagateToolkit.exe
file to launch the application.
Open the SeagateToolkit.zip file. Click on the Seagate Toolkit Installer to launch the application.
Your computer must be connected to the internet to install and run Toolkit.