- Intended for PlayStation 5 consoles.
- Game Drive M.2’s heatsink is pre-installed. Removing it may damage Game Drive M.2.
- Dimensions of Game Drive M.2 are 80.15 mm (L) x 24.20 mm (W) x 9.50 mm (H). Verify that your system provides enough space for installation.
- M.2 connectors H3.2 and above are recommended for an SSD with a heatsink.
- Make sure your system software is up to date.
- Press and hold the power button for three seconds to turn off your PS5 console.
- Remove all cables and devices from your PS5 console and wait for it to cool down.
- Touch a metal-grounded object to remove any static electricity from your body. Failure to do so may damage Game Drive M.2 or your PS5 console.
- Do not power on or play on your console while the cover is off.
If you have not used Game Drive M.2 before, you will need to format it after completing the installation. Formatting Game Drive M.2 will erase any saved data on the drive. Make sure you've backed up any important data on the drive before installing.
To install Game Drive M.2, you will need:
- A well-lit room with a clean table to work on.
- A #1 Phillips (cross-head) screwdriver.
- A small flashlight (optional)