Safely Remove Seagate Mobile Drive From Your Computer
Always eject a storage drive from your computer before physically disconnecting it. Your computer must perform filing and housekeeping operations on the drive before it is removed. Therefore, if you unplug the drive without using the operating system’s software, your files can become corrupt or damaged.
- Click on the Launcher icon.
- Click on the Files app.
If you don't see it, click the Up Arrow icon to see all the apps installed on your Chromebook.
- On the left side of the screen, find the name of your drive.
- Click on the Eject icon next to your drive.
Your Chromebook ejects the drive and makes it safe to remove.
- Disconnect the device from your Chromebook.
Eject via Safely Remove tool
- Click the Safely Remove icon in your Windows System Tray to view the devices you can eject.
Windows 8 / Windows 10
- If you don’t see the Safely Remove Hardware icon, click the Show hidden icons arrow in the system tray to display all icons in the notification area.
- In the list of devices, choose the device you want to eject. Windows displays a notification when it is safe to remove the device.
- Disconnect the device from the computer.
There are several ways you can eject your device from a Mac. See below for two options.
Eject via Finder window
- Open a Finder window.
- On the sidebar, go to Devices or Locations and locate the drive you want to eject. Click the eject symbol to the right of the drive name.
- Once the device disappears from the sidebar or, the Finder window closes, disconnect the device from your Mac.
Eject via Desktop
- Select the desktop icon for your device and drag it to the Trash.
- When the device icon is no longer visible on your desktop, disconnect the device from your Mac.