The Performance You Need, the Versatility You Want—the Affordability You Demand
Seagate® Enterprise Performance 15K HDDs improve your TCO for faster time-to-data for transaction-based applications.
- With capacity options of 900GB, 600GB and 300GB, you never have to trade performance for affordable capacity
- Accelerates I/O operations and completes more transactions faster—for OLTP, big data analytics and data warehousing—even during peak demand
- Industry-leading read caching with Seagate TurboBoost™ technology for optimum response times and Advanced Write Caching for the industry’s highest mission-critical storage workload efficiency
- Versatility is key. Choose 512n format or a new Fast Format feature for advanced formats (4Kn and 512e) and simplified integration into all data centers
- Data-at-rest is protected with Seagate Secure® technology (SED, SED-FIPS and Common Criteria) as defined by the AES-256 standard (TCP)1,2
1 Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) and FIPS SEDs are not available in all models or countries. May require TCG-compliant host or controller support.
2 FIPS in review.
Enterprise Performance 15K HDDs Are Ideal For:
Building high-performance servers that can manage multiple transactions quickly, resulting in faster response times while providing economical storage capacity.
- Building high-performance servers, which can manage multiple transactions quickly, and providing economical storage capacity
- Reducing latencies for significantly faster, predictable response times
- Creating blade, rack or tower SAS servers hosting transaction-based applications
- Delivering solutions for power- and space-constrained data centers
- Upgrading systems for increased data security and easy drive retirement
- Efficiently managing database applications at an economical cost-per-GB
Maximize Read and Write Performance
Enterprise Performance 15K HDDs enable faster transaction processing by improving both sequential and random performance through Seagate’s enhanced caching feature.
- Up to 27% increase in sequential data rate and up to 100% faster random write performance1
- Up to 10× faster response times in real-world workloads thanks to Seagate’s enhanced caching technology
- Traditional NAND and advanced caching algorithms promote hot data with up to 3× improvement over the previous generation
- Delivers highest consistently reliable performance with a MTBF (mean time between failures) rating of 2M hours
1Compared to previous generation 600GB version.
Reduce System Complexity
Enterprise Performance 15K HDD reduces storage complexity by helping to streamline design, qualification and support efforts while supporting legacy systems and future growth, including SSD interoperability initiatives.
- Fast Format feature for advanced formats (4Kn and 512e) simplifies infrastructure management
- Multiple capacities and formats makes integration easy in current and future systems
- Consistently handles real-world workloads while reducing complexity and helping to transition to SSD technology
- PowerChoice™ dynamically maximizes energy efficiency—reducing power and helping to lower cooling costs while enabling higher density
- Widely accepted, proven sixth-generation technology for reliable and consistent data access
Seagate Secure™ Technology AND Data Security Options
Enterprise Performance 15K HDDs combine unsurpassed reliability and data protection with industry-leading security features.
- Seagate Secure solutions enable data-at-rest security and helps comply with corporate and federal data security mandates
- SED-FIPS/Common Criteria options help secure Sensitive but Unclassified and Protected class data1
- Delivers more consistent performance (up to 27% SDR over previous generation) while protecting data from corruption due to unexpected power loss
- Protection Information (PI)2 technology to help protect data integrity
- Seagate Instant Secure Erase for easy drive retirement eliminates the need to physically destroy hard drives
1 Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) and FIPS/Common Criteria-validated drives are not available in all models or countries. May require TCG-compliant host or controller support. TM: A Certification Mark of NIST, which does not imply product endorsement by NIST, the U.S. or Canadian governments. FIPS in review.
2 Protection Information (PI) requires PI-compliant host or controller support.
IT PROs rate Seagate Enterprise drives as Best-In-Class for a 4th consecutive year
Seagate was selected again by IT professionals as the 2016 "Market Leader for Enterprise Hard Disk Drives. Get the full report to see the survey data behind the voting for market, performance, reliability, price, service and support and innovation leaders.