High Capacity Meets High Performance in Mission Critical Storage
The Seagate® Enterprise Performance 10K HDD, 1.2TB hard drive delivers best-in-class mission critical random performance, highest capacities and the low power for data centers that OEMs, system builders and IT professionals need to:
- Keep pace with rapid data growth
- Reduce IT operating costs
- Improve data center storage efficiency
- Enhance reliability with advanced media management technology
- Protect data with Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) technology
2.5-Inch HDDs Improve Data Center Storage Efficiency
Make the transition from legacy 3.5-inch form factor drives with limited capacities and slower performance to the higher density, faster and best-in-class Enterprise Performance 10K HDD.
With up to 2× the capacity and a smaller footprint, data centers can store and access data faster than ever, enabling them to keep pace with data growth while optimizing scarce IT real estate. Lower power consumption reduces energy and cooling costs. 10K.7 HDD drives:
- Deliver up to 30% faster sequential performance and up to 13% higher random performance than competitive drive offerings
- Store up to 100% more data in half the rack space than even the highest-capacity 3.5-inch, 15K HDDs
Enhanced Storage Reliability with Improved Storage Efficiency
Seagate Enterprise Performance 10K HDD advanced media management technology improves drive reliability and data integrity. This seventh-generation hard drive with features like a humidity sensor and SuperParity, lets you rest easier knowing your storage devices will perform as expected - even in harsh environments. It is the first mission-critical HDD to offer the Seagate RAID Rebuild™ technology option, making RAID recovery faster and safer.
Protect Data with Built-in Security at No Additional Charge
Seagate Enterprise Performance 10K drives are self-encrypting drives (SED) and can be used as standard drives or as part of a more secure solution at no extra cost. Built-in security, FIPS2 validated security and Protection Information features enable companies to protect valuable data, comply with regulatory mandates, and reduce risk to brands and reputations. Seagate Instant Secure Erase feature reduces the time required to overwrite a drive - from hours to less than a minute - making drive retirement safe, fast and easy.
FIPS 140-2 Level 2 validated models available.1, 2
Mission Critical Storage Efficiency In a 2.5-Inch HDD
The Seagate® Enterprise Performance 10K HDD makes it easy to transition server and network storage systems from legacy 3.5-inch to more efficient 2.5-inch hard drive solutions that enable you to improve data storage efficiency and optimize your IT investments.
Enterprise Performance 10K HDDs deliver:
- Best-in-class random read access times at 295 IOPS
- Improved storage efficiency with performance efficiency index of 0.0038 watts/GB
- 70% smaller footprint and 2× the capacity than legacy 3.5-inch form factor drives
- T10-compliant Seagate PowerChoice™ technology to tailor systems for optimal power utilization
Data Security and Protection with FIPS SED Options
The Enterprise Performance 10K HDDs support Protection Information (PI)1 technology, which can help to preserve the integrity of data in flight. Additionally, these drives offer built-in security at no additional charge and FIPS Self-Encrypting Drive (SED)2 options to help secure data-at-rest throughout the life of the device.
Seagate Instant Secure Erase technology also eliminates the need to overwrite or physically destroy drives for security purposes—making drive retirement safe, fast and easy. This enables organizations to securely return, repurpose or sell the drive, thereby reducing drive retirement costs.
1Protection Information (PI) feature requires PI-compliant host or controller support.
2FIPS 140-2 Level 2. May require TCG-compliant host or controller support. TM: A Certification Mark of NIST, which does not imply product endorsement by NIST, the U.S., or Canadian governments.
Enterprise Drives Perfect For:
- Building dense, high performing mission-critical enterprise servers and external storage arrays
- Equipting power- and space-constrained data centers
- Compling with security-driven IT requirements
- Enabling green IT initiatives
- Migrating from legacy 3.5-inch drives to next-generation 2.5-inch HDD technology
What's in the box
- Highest random performance and the largest capacities available in a 10K-RPM enterprise drive
- 1.2TB of capacity in a 2.5-inch HDD with enhanced reliability
- Data security on the drive with SED and SED FIPS validated drives*
- Fast, easy and secure drive disposal with Seagate Instant Secure Erase
Seagate Picks Up Five 2013 Leader Awards for Enterprise HDDs
Seagate was selected by IT professionals as the 2013 Market Leader for Enterprise Hard Disk Drives (HDD). Get the full report to see the survey data behind the voting for Market, Performance, Reliability, Price, Service & Support and Innovation Leaders.