2.5 SATA Hard Drive with Laptop Encryption
Thin and light laptop hard drives with price and capacity points that help to enable no-compromise, lightweight designs for laptop computing.
- 7mm Laptop Thin HDDs or 9.5mm Laptop hard drive kits
- Seagate SmartAlign™ technology1 provides easy transition to 4K sectors
- Available as a Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) and FIPS 140-2 SED2
- Compatible with SATA 6Gb/s designs
- Backed by a 2-year limited warranty
2.5-inch Laptop Drives Available in Several Capacities
Seagate's purpose-built the 2.5-inch Laptop HDDs help meet our customers’ demand for affordable, flexible computing solutions.
- 7mm hard drive is available in 500GB, 320GB, 250GB and 160GB capacity options
- 9.5mm hard drive is available in 2TB, 1TB and 500GB capacity options (Kits)
Smooth Migration to Advanced Format 4K
Laptop Thin HDDs include Seagate SmartAlign technology.1 This innovation helps you easily get all the benefits of the new Advanced Format (AF) 4K sector standard—no utilities, no extra steps—automatically in the background. Performance is not affected, and there is no need for time-consuming utilities required by other AF-enabled drives.
1Seagate SmartAlign technology may not be available on all models. Refer to the appropriate data sheet for further information.
Secure Laptop Encryption (SED) Options
Laptop Thin SEDs deliver government-grade encryption without performance degradation—protecting your data where it lives. You get all the benefits of secure data encryption without the headaches.
- Ships with the Trusted Computing Group (TCG) Opal protocol
- The world’s first 7mm SED to ship with FIPS 140-2 validation2
- Instant on-the-fly encryption without performance degradation
- Instant Secure EraseTM technology3 that can instantly erase the security key data on your hard drive if needed, enabling secure disposal or repurposing of the SED
2Self-Encrypting Drives and FIPS 140-2 Validated drives are not available in all models or countries.
3ISO/IEC 27040 (Information technology—Security techniques—Storage security) and NIST 800-88 (Guidelines for Media Sanitization)
Available with the Laptop HDD Kit:
- 9.5mm z-height, 2.5-inch hard drive
- 2TB, 1TB or 500GB drive capacity options
- 2-year limited warranty
Thin Hard Drive Perfect For:
- Building entry-level to high-performance ultraportables laptops
- Creatng thin, light netbooks without compromising storage or affordability
- Designing slim consumer electronics devices
- Protecting your sensitive data