Robust Surveillance Storage
Never miss a frame with surveillance-optimized drives. The seventh-generation Seagate® Surveillance HDD tackles the increasing need for high-resolution cameras and camera counts, and helps to ensure cost-effective performance and durability in always-on surveillance systems.
- Precision-tuned for high write surveillance workloads which operate 24×7
- Capacities up to 8TB support 64 cameras per drive and 8+ drives per system1
- Reliably performs in multi-drive systems with RAID support
- Add the Seagate Rescue Recovery Service option for 360 degree data protection
1Drives with Rotational Vibration sensors can be used in systems with 8+ drive bays. Drives without Rotational Vibration are ideal for systems with 8 or fewer drives.
Build Better Video Surveillance Systems
The Surveillance HDD delivers storage powered for the latest DVR and NVR video surveillance systems.
- Surveillance-optimized firmware improves drive reliability up to 30%, helping to reduce data loss
- Ready to work 24×7, supporting 800+ hours of high definition content
- Low power consumption and heat emissions improve drive reliability over time
- RV sensors maintain performance in multi-drive systems
- 180TB/year workload rating, three times the rating of desktop drives, along with 1M hours MTBF
Surveillance HDD Delivers Reliability + Rescue Data Services
By simply choosing the Surveillance HDD, you’ve already maximized your drive reliability in a DVR or NVR environment.
But you can also protect your data against the unexpected. Whether it is a virus, unintentional deletion or vandalism, if your data is compromised, the Seagate +Rescue Data Recovery Service plan is an excellent option.
- The optional 3-year +Rescue Recovery Service plan can recover the data from your drive, in the event of mechanical failure or accidental damage
- Fast and easy recovery process—data can be restored in 15 days or less
- Seagate leads the industry in data recovery with a 90% success rate
Consistent Performance in Multi-Drive Systems
Improve your system reliability with drives built for surveillance applications that include the flexibility to scale as your data grows.The addition of rotational vibration sensors allows the Surveillance HDD to maintain performance in multi-drive systems
- RV sensors (standard on 4TB to 8TB Surveillance HDDs) allow drives to reliably perform in expanding DVR and NVR systems with 8+ drives
- RV sensors in a RAID environment maintain drive performance by improving vibration tolerance
- Support for up to 64 cameras recording in high definition
Improved Time-To-Ready So You Don’t Miss a Frame
As drive technology evolves, so do the applications that leverage them. With improvements in motion sensing cameras, the Surveillance HDD now includes settings that allow your drive to conserve power when not recording, yet helps to ensure instant time-to-record when needed.
- Idle3 power setting allows immediate recording when motion sensing is detected in a camera
- Quick time-to-ready requires smaller system buffer sizes, reducing cost
TweakTown— Surveillance HDD Award
Comparing this solution to the WD Purple, it does appear the Seagate is the better solution for up to 16 cameras broadcasting at 720p.
—Tyler Bernath, TweakTown
It really seems that the Surveillance HDD by Seagate is the ideal drive for use with NVR/DVR devices since it combines high performance levels with low electricity requirements, low temperatures and low noise levels.
Surveillance HDD— Best “Technical Innovation 2015”
Sechtech Excellence Award 2015
Security Product Magazine 2015
Video Surveillance Data Storage of the Year 2015