Safely remove your Innov8 from your computer
Always eject a storage drive from your computer before physically disconnecting it. Your computer must perform filing and housekeeping operations on the drive before it is removed. Therefore, if you unplug the drive without using the operating system’s software, your files can become corrupt or damaged.
Safely remove external storage from a Windows PC
Use the Safely Remove tool to eject the hard drive you want to remove.
- Click the Safely Remove icon in your Windows System Tray to view the devices you can eject.
If you don't see the Safely Remove Hardware icon, click the Show hidden icons arrow in the system tray to display all icons in the notification area.
- In the list of devices, choose the device you want to remove. Windows displays a notification when it is safe to remove the device.
- Disconnect the hard drive from the computer.
Safely remove external storage from a Mac
There are several ways you can eject your hard drive from a Mac. See below for two options.
Eject via Finder window
- Open a Finder window.
- In Devices on the sidebar, right-click the drive.
- Select Eject Innov8.
- When your Finder window closes, you can disconnect the hard drive from your Mac.
Eject via Desktop
- Select the desktop icon for your hard drive and drag it to the Trash.
- When the image is no longer visible on your desktop, you can physically disconnect the hard drive from your Mac.