Backing Up Your Mobile Content
Use Seagate Dashboard on your computer together with the Mobile Backup app on your Android or Apple mobile device to save your mobile content to your cloud service and your Seagate storage drive.
Back Up Your Mobile Content
Set up your computer
- Connect the storage drive to your computer or network.
- On the Seagate Dashboard Home page, click Mobile backup.
- Sign in to your Seagate account.
Set up your mobile device
- Download the Seagate Backup app from your app store.
- Open the app and sign in using the same account that you used for Seagate Dashboard.
- Create and run a backup plan.
- Use a Wi-Fi backup plan when your mobile device is connected to the same net-work as your Seagate storage device.
- Use a cloud backup plan specifying your Seagate storage drive when you want to back up to your storage drive remotely.
- After your cloud plan has backed up your files to the cloud, return to the Mobile Backup page in Seagate Dashboard on your computer.
- You should see the plan listed on the page.
- If you see a note that you need to sign in to your cloud service, click Login and sign in with your cloud account name and password. The cloud copies the backed up files to your drive.
Note: If you keep Dashboard running, you don't need to sign in again, and your cloud service can continue to send your future mobile backups to your storage drive.
For more information on using Seagate Backup, consult the Help section in the app on your mobile device.