Get Started with the Link Web App
The Link web app is a browser-based interface that lets you:
- Authorize Lyve Mobile Link
- Unlock and manage Lyve Mobile Arrays connected to Link
- Configure network shares
- Change volume formats and RAID levels
- Crypto-erase data on Lyve Mobile Arrays
- Unlock Lyve Mobile Arrays connected to other hosts and found on your local network
You can run the Link web app on a single host on the same network as Link. You must sign in to the Link web app for shares to appear on the local network.
Link web app and other Lyve software
Lyve Mobile Link has its own web app for management and security. Other Lyve software apps such as Lyve Client and Lyve Mobile Array CLI are used to manage Lyve Mobile Arrays that are connected directly to a host. Lyve Client and Lyve Mobile Array CLI cannot be used to access shares on the network provided by Link.
Open the Link web app
See the following instructions for your operating system.
- On your Windows PC, open a file browser and click Network.
- Click on the Link icon under Other Devices.
The Link web app launches in your default browser.
Linux and macOS
- On your Linux or Mac computer, open a web browser.
- Navigate to https://Link-SerialNumber.local, replacing SerialNumber with the 8-digit serial number found on the label on the bottom of Lyve Mobile Link.
Sign in with a Lyve Token file
A Lyve Token file authorizing Link must be provided when signing in to the Link web app. A token file can be downloaded from the Lyve Management Portal or provided by your project administrator. See Lyve Token Files.
- Open the Link web app. At the prompt, click SELECT TOKEN FILE.
- Navigate to the location of the token file authorizing access to Link.
- Select the token file and click Open.
Note—For security reasons, it is not possible to sign in to the Link web app on more than one host at a time. Signing in to the Link web app on a second host will automatically disconnect the first sign in.