Powering on/off the product
Do not operate the product until the ambient temperature is within the specified operating range (see System Overview
). Confirm that newly installed hard drives are acclimatized before operating them.
Powering on the NAS
- Confirm that the NAS is connected to an active power source.
- Make certain that all hard drive trays are securely attached to the enclosure.
- Apply a short push to the product's power button. See the note below regarding a short push and a long push.
Powering off the NAS
- Make certain that users on the network are not accessing the NAS.
- Use Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Essentials to power off the NAS or, apply a short push to the power button. See the note below regarding a short push and a long push.
The LEDs turn off once the system has shut down.
A short push is a manual depression on the power button that lasts no longer than two seconds. When the product is operating, a short push on the power button turns off the WSS NAS.
A long push is a manual depression on the power button that lasts more than four seconds. When the product is operating, a long push cuts the power from the NAS, forcing it to shut down immediately. A long push is not recommended since it can result in data loss. Use it only when troubleshooting a problem.