Connecting Mobile and Storage Devices to Wi-Fi Networks
The following instructions describe how to:
- Connect mobile devices to a wireless storage device
- Connect a wireless storage device to a Wi-Fi network
Tip: You can use the media app to connect your mobile devices to compatible network-attached storage devices (NAS). Both the mobile device and the NAS must be connected to the same network.
Connect your mobile device to your wireless storage device
- Download the free Seagate Media app from the iOS App Store.
- Power on the wireless storage device. The Wi-Fi LED will blink for approximately one minute. Wait for the Wi-Fi LED to turn solid before moving to the next step.
- On your mobile device, tap the Settings icon.
- Tap Wi-Fi .
- Select the storage device from the list of Wi-Fi networks.
- Launch the media app.
back to top
Connect your wireless storage device to a Wi-Fi network
The following instructions assume that you have already connected your mobile device to your wireless storage device.
Note: The storage device consumes more battery charge when it is connected to the Internet.
- Above Media Libraries, click the long icon showing the connection to your wireless storage device.
- Make certain that the switch for connection to wireless networks is enabled.
- Tap the network you want to join. If security is enabled on the selected Wi-Fi network, enter the password.
- Optional. Tap on the checkbox for Connect to this network automatically.
- Optional. Tap on the checkbox for Secure this network. This option prevents unauthorized users from accessing the network.
- Optional. Tap Join Network. (Note: You may experience a brief interruption in the connection to the wireless storage device.)
- Once connected, the Wi-Fi icon changes to reflect access to the Internet.
back to top