Files take awhile to appear on the storage device
The media app performs a one–time scan of the content that you copied to your wireless and network-attached storage devices. The scan can take time when the storage device has a good amount of files.
If you recently copied content to your storage device and you do not see your files, you can refresh the view.
- From the top of the screen, swipe your finger down to enable the app bar.
- Tap Sync on the upper right corner.
Cannot connect to wireless or network-attached storage devices
- A low battery charge might cause issues with the Wi-Fi connection. If you have an intermittent connection to the wireless device, check its battery charge. From the top of the screen, swipe your finger down to enable the app bar and tap Power on the upper right corner.
- Confirm that your storage device is disconnected from your computer and powered on. Make certain that the Wi-Fi LED is solid blue. The Wi-Fi is disabled when the wireless storage device is attached to a computer via USB or another wired connection.
- On your mobile device, check whether the storage device's wireless network is selected in the network list. If you move out of the storage device's wireless range, your mobile device will disconnect from the Wi-Fi signal. The maximum range is approximately 145 ft./44 m. In addition, obstructions, such as walls and other interference can affect the strength of the signal. Try reconnecting to the Wi-Fi network.
- You may have exceeded the maximum users. To identify how many users are connected, from the top of the screen, swipe your finger down to enable the app bar. Open Device Settings in the upper right and then tap Users.
- Power off the storage device, wait 10 seconds and then power it on. If applicable, confirm that your mobile device is connected to the storage device's Wi-Fi. Relaunch the media app to access the storage device.
Connection to wireless storage is lost when the mobile device wakes from sleep
Connection to your wireless device's Wi-Fi network can be lost when a mobile device enters ECO Mode. To recover the connection, go to your mobile device's Wi-Fi settings and choose the name of your mobile device.
Video, song, or file does not play/open
You can copy any file to your storage device, however, the device to which you stream your media files can play only the file formats that it supports. The Media app does not convert files to other formats. See your mobile device's specifications for a list of supported file types.
Reformatted hard drive for Mac
Do not allow Time Machine® to use your storage device for backups. Doing so will reformat the storage device's hard drive.
If you reformatted the storage device by mistake, you can set it back to its original format. Visit your device's support website for further details: Seagate wireless products or LaCie wireless products.