Powering on the NAS
Do not operate the NAS until the ambient temperature is within the specified operating range (see Safety Guidelines
). If the drives have been recently installed, make sure they have had time to acclimatize before operating them.
- Before powering on the NAS, make sure that all the modules are firmly seated in their bays.
- Make certain that the NAS power supplies are connected to compatible powered outlets.
- Press the NAS's on/off button.
- The LEDs on the front panel will turn blue when the NAS's power button is pressed and the disk drives should spin.
Powering off the NAS
- Make certain the NAS is not being accessed by users on the network.
- Use NAS OS to turn the NAS off or, apply a short push on the power button.
- The power LED will turn off once the system has shut down.
Important info: When the product is operating, a short push of the on/off button will turn the 8-bay NAS off or, place the 8-bay NAS into deep sleep mode if the option has been configured in NAS OS. A long push of more than four seconds will cut the power from the NAS, forcing it to shut down immediately. A long push is not recommended as it may result in data loss.