Was this content helpful?
How could we make this article more helpful?
The Seagate 8-bay Rackmount NAS is shipped with the following installation components:
The instructions are also available in the Quick Start Guide included with the NAS.
1. Attach the inner rack rails to the Seagate 8-Bay Rackmount NAS using four screws on each side.
2. Unlock the rear screws on the outer rack rails to extend the sliding brackets.
3. Attach the outer rack rails to the rack.
4. Slide the Seagate NAS into the rack. You will hear a click indicating that the NAS is securely fastened to the rack.
Attach the cable management arm to the back of the rack rails.
1. Snap the right outer connection into the outside rail.
2. Snap the left connection into the outside rail.
3. Guide the right inner connection into the inner rack rail.
You can also connect:
1. Open the panels on the cable management arm and thread the cables. Allow slack for external connections and sliding the NAS on its rails.
2. Close the panels.
1. Slide the NAS toward you until it locks into position.
2. Release the cover by simultaneously pushing both front latches toward you.
3. Lift the cover.
1. Push the disk’s lock button to open the latch.
2. Place the disk on the NAS’s hard drive guides. Confirm that the disk is correctly aligned on the guides by gently pushing it away from the SATA connection.
3. Slide the disk into the SATA connection.
4. Close the disk’s latch.
5. Repeat the steps for each disk.
6. Close the cover and slide the NAS into the rack. To unlock the rails, pull the rail fasteners on each side toward you. Secure the NAS to the rack using the two front screws.
1. Power on the NAS. Wait for the status LED to turn solid before moving to the next step.
2. From a workstation on your network, launch a web browser to enter http://seagate-r8 or, http://seagate-r8.local for Mac or any workstation using Bonjour.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.