Data Migration with Cloudsfer
Cloudsfer is validated for use with Lyve Cloud. Cloudsfer offers cloud data migration from on-premise to cloud or from cloud to cloud with over 20 cloud storage providers, including Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, and Egnyte.
Follow these instructions to use Cloudsfer with Lyve Cloud.
- Sign in to your Cloudsfer account.
- Select Migration Plans.
- Select the cloud provider as a Source, for example, Amazon S3. Enter the source credentials and select Connect.
- Select S3 compatible as Target in the dropdown and enter the credentials.
- Enter the following details.
- Region endpoint URL for your buckets
Note—If the S3 buckets are hosted in different regions, the client talks to the us-east-1 region by default. Hence, the migration may not work other than us-east-1 region.
- Access key
- Secret access key
- Select a Bucket Name from the Bucket Name list. Cloudsfer will list your buckets in the dropdown. Choose the bucket(s) to transfer the data.
- Verify the source and target details on the main page.
- Select Options on the right side, and then select Advanced. Select these optional settings if required, and then select Save.
- Cloudsfer displays the new migration plan. You can perform the following actions for the migration plan.
- Change the plan name
- Start the migration
- Modify the migration plan settings by clicking the Actions icon and selecting the appropriate action:
- Delete the migration plan
- Get migration status details
- To initiate the migration, select Start now, and then select Execute in the confirmation dialog.
- Switch to the Migration report summary and see all migration actions and their statuses.