Lyve Cloud with IBM Spectrum Protect
This section will teach you how to deploy Lyve Cloud as a new cloud tier to an existing IBM Spectrum Protect Server.
Before deployment, you will need the following:
The configuration for Lyve Cloud with IBM Spectrum Protect is divided into two tasks:
- Create a Lyve Cloud Storage Account. For more information, see Provisioning storage buckets.
Note—Do not enable object immutability when creating buckets, this feature is not currently supported by IBM Spectrum Protect..
- Add a cloud container storage pool to IBM Spectrum Protect. For more information, see the Spectrum Protect reference guide: Configuring a Cloud Container Storage Pool.
Add a Cloud Tier on IBM Spectrum Protect Server
To add cloud tier on IBM Spectrum Protect:
- In the IBM Spectrum Protect Operations Center, click Storage and select Storage Pools.
- Select + Storage Pool to start the storage pool wizard.
- Select General, and then select Next.
- Enter a Name for the storage pool and a Server as an identifier. Select Next.
- Choose Off-premises cloud to configure a cloud-container storage pool in Lyve Cloud. Select Next.
- Enter the following credentials:
- Encryption: Check Enable.
- Cloud type: Choose S3 API.
- Access key ID: Enter your Lyve Cloud access key.
- Secret access key: Enter your Lyve Cloud secret access key.
- Cloud storage class: Choose S3 Standard.
- On the Local Storage page, specify existing file system directories for disk storage and select Add Storage Pool.
- Review the Storage Pool Configuration. Select Close & View Policies to start using the new data pool.
For more information on IBM Spectrum Protect, visit: http://www.ibm.com/products/data-protection-and-recovery.