Lyve Cloud with Cohesity
In this section, you will learn how to deploy Lyve Cloud, as a new storage target, on the Cohesity Data Platform.
- A Lyve Cloud Storage Account
- Permission with All Operations
- A Cohesity Account
The configuration for Lyve Cloud with Cohesity Data Platform is divided into two tasks.
- Configure Lyve Cloud Storage Account. For more information, see Provisioning Storage Buckets.
- Create a new cloud storage target on the Cohesity Data Platform (Lyve Cloud service account credentials).
Creating and registering a new cloud storage target on Cohesity
To create and register cloud storage:
- Create an External Target. Navigate to the Inventory section of the Cohesity Dashboard. Select External Target, and then select Register External Target.
- Register an External Target. On the New Target page, enter the following:
- Choose Archival: This allows copying of data in Lyve Cloud and is used to import data to other locations for disaster recovery.
- Type: Select S3 Compatible from the list.
- Bucket Name: Enter the bucket name. You must add the same bucket created while configuring a Lyve Cloud account as a target bucket. This cannot be modified after you register the Target.
- Access Key ID: Enter your access key, a private key for authentication to connect a bucket created in Lyve Cloud.
The access key is displayed when you create a new service account in Lyve Cloud. A service account contains bucket credentials for Lyve Cloud to access a bucket.
- Secret Access Key: Enter your secret key, a private key password for authentication to connect a bucket created in Lyve Cloud.
Enter your secret key, a private key password for authentication to connect a bucket created in Lyve Cloud. The secret key displays when you create a new service account in Lyve Cloud.
- Endpoint: Enter S3 endpoint of the Lyve Cloud bucket.
- Secure Connection (HTTPS): Toggle secure connection to ON.
- AWS Signature version: Choose the AWS signing process version for adding authentication information to the requests.
- ver 2: Select signature version 2 to authenticate.
- ver 4: To use signature version 4, you must contact Cohesity support at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the ticket number ENG-297700 to add a region.
- Encryption: Toggle encryption to ON, so that the stored data is sent in an encrypted format.
- Compression: Toggle Compression to ON, where it determines whether to send data to the External Target in a compressed format.
- Source Side Deduplication: Toggle to ON, where it determines whether to deduplicate data before sending it to the External Target.
- Bandwidth Throttling: Toggle to OFF, as it limits the maximum data transfer rate from and to this External Target during a time window.
- Create a Data Protection Policy for clients that need backups.
For more information on Cohesity, visit cohesity.com.