Provides instructions for setting the Seagate NAS Manager to automate a backup from a share on the Seagate Business NAS to a drive in the USM slot.
Please follow this procedure to perform a backup from a Seagate Business NAS to a drive in the USM slot on the front of the NAS device:
- Log into Seagate NAS Manager using Seagate NAS Discovery, or by entering the IP address of the NAS device in the address bar of a web browser.
- To obtain the IP address of the NAS:
- Locate the host name for the NAS. This can be found on the drive label. Example: BA-XXXXXX
- Press the Windows key + R to open the run window.
- In the Run window, type CMD and press Enter.
- In the Command Prompt window that opens, type ping (the host name) and press Enter.
- The drive will reply with it's IP address.
- Select Protect.
- Select Protect Job Manager.
- Select the NAS-USM-USB Transfer tab.
- Select New Transfer Job.
- Confirm that a USM drive is inserted in the USM port of the Seagate Business NAS 2-bay or 4-bay model.
- Select NAS to USM.
- Assign a Job name.
- Select the Source. This will be your Seagate Business NAS.
- Select the Destination. This will be the drive located in the USM slot.
- Select the Transfer Frequency (schedule) and the Transfer time.
- Select Add Job to complete the scheduled task or you can select Add and Start Now if you wish to run the task immediately.