Provides instructions for setting the Seagate NAS Manager to automate a backup from a USB-connected drive to a share in the Seagate Business NAS.
Please follow this procedure to perform a backup from a USB drive to a Seagate Business NAS:
- Log into Seagate NAS Manager using Seagate NAS Discovery or by entering the IP address of the NAS device in the address bar of a web browser.
- To obtain the IP address of your NAS:
- Obtain the the Host name of the NAS. This can be found on the drive label. Example: BA-XXXXXX
- Press the Windows key + R to open the run window.
- In the Run window, type CMD and press Enter.
- In the Command Prompt window that opens type: ping (the host name) and press Enter.
- The drive will reply with it's IP address.
- Select Protect.
- Select Protect Job Manager.
- Select the NAS-USM-USB Transfer tab.
- Select New Transfer Job.
- Choose USB to NAS.
- Assign a Job name.
- Select the Source. This will be your USB drive.
- Select the Destination. This will be your NAS share.
- Choose the Transfer Frequency (schedule) and the Transfer time.
- Select Add Job to complete the scheduled task or you can select Add and Start Now if you wish to run the task immediately.