Sometimes the Seagate Dashboard detects the GoFlex Home drive, but it says that the GoFlex Home has Zero Capacity, and all the data is missing from all the shares (backup, public, and personal).
This usually indicates that the base is functioning properly, but the drive may not be.
To troubleshoot this issue:
Check the status lights on the base.
- If the white/blue bottom light is not illuminated, turn the drive off using the power button on the back, unplug both cables, then pull the drive out of the base and re-insert it.
- Plug both cables back in and power the drive back on. Wait approximately one minute for the light to illuminate.
In optimal situations, the white light comes on and the Dashboard will display the capacity of the drive.
The data will reappear in the Shares.
If the white light does not illuminate, reset the base.
Please keep in mind that you will have to re-setup the GoFlexHome device name, username, and password.
Also, your username will need to be the exact same as it was previously in order to access the files in your Personal share.
- Press and hold the Reset Button in for 10 seconds.
- Wait up to two minutes for the top light to turn solid green (not blinking) and the bottom light to turn white/blue.
- If the white/blue light does not illuminate, then the drive will need to be replaced.