The following procedure provides the steps needed for installing Seagate BlackArmor Backup software from the CD.
- Insert the Seagate BlackArmor CD into your system's CD/DVD Drive bay. The AutoPlay window opens.
- Click Run Setup.exe.
Note to Windows Vista Users:
A User Account Control (UAC) window opens prompting for permission to proceed. Click Continue.
The Seagate BlackArmor Installation Menu opens.
Note: In the event that AutoPlay does not run:
- Click Start.
- Right-click Computer (My Computer / Computer) and select Manage from the drop-down menu.
- Browse to the drive letter associated with the BlackArmor CD. Right-click on the drive and choose Explore.
- From the next Explorer window, double-click on Setup (or Setup.exe).
- Click Install BlackArmor Backup. The Seagate BlackArmor Backup window opens.
- Select Install BlackArmor Backup. A Preparing to Install window briefly appears followed by a Windows Installer Dialog. The Welcome to Seagate BlackArmor Backup window opens.
- Click Next. The License Agreement window opens. Check the Radio button to accept the terms of the agreement.
- Click Next. The Setup Type window opens.
- Click Typical. The Set Administrator Options window opens. Check the radio button to denote which users are entitled to use BlackArmor Backup.
- Click Next. The Summary window opens.
- Click Proceed. The BlackArmor Backup software installs to your computer. When finished, the Installation Complete window opens.
- Click Close. A Confirmation window opens informing you that a computer reboot is required for these changes to take effect.
- Click Yes to restart your computer.